Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Signature Series Conversion

CPickler

I last used LoR back in the very early 2000s.  I wanted to get back into it and so I purchased the TSO signature series (editable).  I have a 16x50 megatree (Pixie 16D- Unit ID 1) and a 200 Pixel RGB star (Pixie2D - Unit ID 2).  I have an older 16 channel AC controller that I might end up using, but I want to focus on these two right now.  When I powered on the Show Director then only some of the stands (megatree 1-8) and only the very top were lighting up and only some of the pixels.  I know they all tested good, so I need to modify the configuration within the sequencer. 

The megatree is using 16 CCR-II ribbons.  The RGB star is using 4 sets of 50 12V Bullet Pixels.

From looking at it in the sequencer software it looks like controller 01 - megatree should be using all 16 channels, wheras controller 2 is calling for 16 channels, but only have 2 but not all are lighting up even.

Do I need to change the hardware IDs on my controllers, or try to copy  things from one channel to another.  I apologize this is such a vague question, but I am still stumbling through all the changes and thought the kit would work well without much modification.

Edited by CPickler
Added additional information about products used.

Your Pixie16 will use 16 Unit IDs, you assign the first and the software automatically assigns the next 15 in hex order. The pixie2 will use two IDs as each port on a Pixie controller uses a ID.

Ok, So then I should set the DIP switches on the Pixie16 to 1 and then set the DIP switches on the Pixie 2 as 17?  Do I need to change anything since the Pixie 2 has two channels with 100 nodes instead of 50? 

Edited by CPickler

I would highly recommend that you turn all the dip switches off and set the ID in the HU. The Pixie16 would be set to 01 so it would use 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10. Then you could set the pixie2 at ID 11 and it would use 11 and 12.

Edited by Mr. P

Is this the original TSO sd or the updated one they recently released ? If it is the newer version a 16x25 tree needs a start ID of 40, and the 16x50 an ID at 80