Light-O-Rama Forums

No problem in SE ...... BUT ...... in the Show, problem appears

Donl1150

I have a couple of songs in which the same problem occurs in the same prop but ONLY when the show is running.  The problem does NOT occur when running the song in the SE visualizer.  I have two spinning trees on one controller.   Each tree uses 8 channels.  The problem occurs only on the tree that uses channels 1-8.  When playing the song in the Visualizer, everything works just fine.  When I turn on the show and it comes to that song, one of the spinning trees seems to freeze with only 1 channel lit for several seconds.  Then all channels come on again and the tree spins properly.

I thought there must be a channel conflict so I ran the Verifier and there is no conflict for the channels of the tree.  I don't have any other ideas.  Anybody have a clue?

Running v4.4.4

Does the problem continuously occur if the same song plays again in the show?  Sometimes there can be a bit of a delay when the show firsts loads.  How does the tree act when you just play the sequence with LOR loaded and the control lights checked?  If it works fine you may want to verify that your controller firmware is up to date or that you do not have a distance problem with that particular tree to the controller.  If its not to hard swap trees to see if the problem replicates.  

Did you run the Verifier for just the sequence or for the entire show/schedule?  I would make sure to run it against the show and/or schedule.

I ran just the single sequence.   I will try the whole show.    Could it be a channel conflict elsewhere causing this?

Thanks for the tip!  Ran the Verifier for the whole Show and found 7 channel conflicts between some of the Musical sequences and a Background sequence.  I had never used Verifier before so I had to figure out what the results were telling me.  Once I did that, I deleted 7 conflicting channels from the Background sequence and all is good!

I didn't realize the importance of channel useage between the sequences in a common Show.  I thought conflicts could only arise in a single sequence.  Something to keep in mind for the future. 

Remember, channels in a background sequence CANNOT EXIST in the main sequence. Not just off, but can't be there at all.

I had the almost the exact same problem this year myself.  I had never used background sequences before but added one this year.  Normally I always run verifier against the show & schedule but forgot to and started pulling my hair out when I had one channel that all of the sudden didn't work.

I'm glad you found it and that it's an easy fix.