Light-O-Rama Forums

I Can't Get LOR Hub v5.5.0 Pro To Add Motion Paks!

bschilz

First year trying the four singing trees. Bought 9 of the motion paks and then went in to add them to the 9 sequences I already had. While my sequences and motion paks are all in the default directory, for some reason it won't recognize that I have the matching sequences. It's bumming me out pretty good. What ideas do you have to resolve the issue? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Singing Trees1.PNG

Singing Trees2.PNG

Singing Trees3.PNG

Motion Packs DO NOT work with the Advanced license, which is what your profile shows.   Motion Packs will only with with a PRO license, so to use them, you're going to need to upgrade.

Not sure why is says Advanced license... correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears I have the Pro license...

Capture.PNG

Edited by bschilz

24 minutes ago, bschilz said:

Not sure why is says Advanced license... correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears I have the Pro license...

Capture.PNG

Then you need to go to your profile and change that.  As many of us here use that as to what license level a user has, and many answers will be based on what license we see in your profile.  Hence the answer I gave about Motion Packs not working under an Advanced License.  If that had show PROP, then my comment/answer never would have appeared.

FYI, per LOR MotionPaks DO work with Advanced. Verified this afternoon as that's what I was sold along with the singing trees. See below.

But I still can't get any of mine to fire up and show anything with a store purchased MotionPak and sequence. The music and other main controller lights work fine. In the Control Panel I see a message saying "Warning: these props are in the sequence file but are not in the preview "LOR Store Sequences-House-C68P32" They have been moved to the archive..." Anyone know what the heck that means or what I need to do to get them to work?

20614632_ScreenShot2020-12-03at4_45_28PM.png.b6c8760f3f9227984fa4978ac068a28f.png

I was fortunate to have Matt from LOR spend an hour with me remotely controlling my computer. It turns out that Motion Paks REQUIRE an exact name match for the base sequences. The base sequences have small variances in name unless you have recently purchased them. As an example, my base sequence originally purchased was named Its The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year-RTG-AndyWilliams.lms. For it to work with Motion Paks, we had to rename the original sequence to Its The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year-Andy Williams-C68P32-RTG.lms. You have to add C68P32 to each file name and you have to add a space between song title names (if it's all one name) and between the first and last names of the artist. If you use editable sequences, simply substitute YCM where I have RTG.

We went back and scanned, updated the file and merged the motion paks easily once we had changed the naming convention of the base sequences. If you run the scan and still have errors, you'll see there is a space missing somewhere or a simple typo error. So happy to have this resolved. Built my show and I'm ready to run it tonight with the Singing Trees singing along! Questions? email me at billschilz@comcast.net or call me at (530) 304-4297

Edited by bschilz
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, Orville said:

Motion Packs DO NOT work with the Advanced license, which is what your profile shows.   Motion Packs will only with with a PRO license, so to use them, you're going to need to upgrade.

This is not 100% correct.  Singing Face MotionPaks will work with ADVANCED.  Pixel Tree MotionPaks require PRO.

25 minutes ago, DevMike said:

This is not 100% correct.  Singing Face MotionPaks will work with ADVANCED.  Pixel Tree MotionPaks require PRO.

Then should there not be a note to that affect on the software comparison page under the Advanced License.  I figured a MotionPak would be all created the same.  And since they aren't, shouldn't there be a note somewhere under Advanced to inform folks of this?   Since MP's were only listed under PRO, that is all I had to go on.   

And I'm sure I would not have even posted that blurb if it hadn't of only been shown under PRO.   I read the footnotes when there is one or more available, but could not find anything about MP's under the Advanced license. 

Pretty sure I would not have been the only one thinking this way when checking each license comparison.

Somewhere on here I saw someone also has a Basic license and stated that LOR says MotionPaks can be used under any license level if used with a Director unit.    Is that also true, for a Director, you can use MP's no matter what license level you have?

Just trying to get all the facts and get them correct for future reference on the subject of MotionPaks.

Thank you.

Just found the highlighted area on the online store page for the Motion Packs.  Guess this answers the question...Looks like it may have been an after thought

http://sequences.lightorama.com/MotionPaks_ep_55.html

MotionPaks

Singing Faces/Trees MotionPaks require LOR software version 4.4.6 or 5.4.2 (or later) at the Advanced or Pro level.

Pixel Tree MotionPaks require LOR software version 5.5.2 (or later) at the Pro level.

MotionPaks are designed to work with Light-O-Rama sold props like our Singing Faces and Pixel Trees.  They can not be guaranteed to work with props created by other manufacturers.  

• The topic was locked