Light-O-Rama Forums

Why Does it take so long to Load a sequence In SE 5.5.xx?

Box on Rails

I have updated to the latest version 5.5.16 on my sequencing computer hoping that the Lag in loading the Sequences in SE would be fixed. I guess I was wrong. This is ridiculous. Ever since I updated to 5.5.xx there is a loading lag that seems to be getting worse with each update.  I used to be able to load up the sequence and start editing with playback right away. As I am writing this I have loaded a sequence and it is already been 15 minutes and it's still loading. I have Not Made any Upgrades to My show computer for fear it will upset the show. I am running 5.4.6. The SE on that computer loads sequences fast and playback is available almost immediately. sometimes I have a few munities here and there to play around with a sequence. With the SE in 5.5.16 taking so long to load the sequence, why even bother. Back in the day (lol) If I had 20 minutes to spare I could load up a sequence , do a little editing and save it then play it back numerous times in 20 minutes. No. Not with 5.5.xx. So I give up. Fix It Light o Rama. If I didn't have so much money into this thing I would walk away. The S5 Forum has turned into a Trouble shooting/ Fixes forum when it used to be a how to use the software forum. This is a rant and I'm sure some of you feel my pain. In the real world, a product with so many issues would never survive. 2020 is a bust, LOR make 2021 better. Fix it. or I'm out. 

14 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

As I am writing this I have loaded a sequence and it is already been 15 minutes and it's still loading.

What are you sequencing on?  I have some pretty large sequences (I'm sequencing 66K channels) and yes, there is a lag loading, but less than one tenth that...

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

What are you sequencing on?  I have some pretty large sequences (I'm sequencing 66K channels) and yes, there is a lag loading, but less than one tenth that...

I5 quad 7th gen. 8 Gigs Ram, 1 TB SSD hard drive 2 TB Mechanical HD. all LOR files are on the SSD drive along with Window 10 Pro operating system. This system was one I built for handling Digital audio Mixing. It is capable of mixing 60 16 bit 44.100hz audio channels in Pro tools. It's 10 times faster then the Show computer that only has a dual core Pentium II. When I sequence on my show computer same songs have very little lag when loading. I'm just fed up. all my Old CCP 100d controllers don't seem to work right with S5 so I got all new CCP IIs. $$$$$... Right now my show is working fine and that's a good thing. I just want to work on stuff for next year and not spend more time waiting for the sequences to load then actual time sequencing. I'm frustrated. 

2 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

When I sequence on my show computer same songs have very little lag when loading.

That sounds like there is a specific issue with your sequencing computer.  Your load times are an order of magnitude longer than mine, and from what you say, if you use the show computer to sequence, load times are reasonable.  I would start by looking at the Task Manager and see what is taking all the time.   Since you said that all the LOR files are on the SSD, data fragmentation is not as big of an issue as it is on a spinning disk, but it still does make a difference.  Do a defrag and see if that helps.  It likely wont help a lot, but it's a good thing to do once in a while anyway - especially if the drive is fairly full.

2 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

all my Old CCP 100d controllers don't seem to work right with S5

Interesting.  My 300 Cosmic Color Pixels that I use with my arches were bought on the first day that LOR sold them.  They have worked fine with every version that I loaded starting with S3.something up to current.

By any chance, do you have gif images or motion images in the Motion effects. They frequently take a long time to render, particularly if they are long in duration.

If the little spinner is going in the top left, its more of a rendering issue than a loading issue. Not saying it's good but it is something I avoid.

I too am having the same slowness issues. I have a lot of channels and some motion and some Superstar effects.

A 4 minute song took almost 7 minutes from opening until I could do anything.

I have to agree as pixels increase sequencing slows down.

I use to run on a Mac in emulation, no issues. I upgraded to a laptop 3 years ago and it has been fine. Today I doubled the ram and no difference. My guess is that Windows 10 is the culprit.

What should be the system mins for 3-16 channel LOR, 2- Alpha-Pix-16, and 2 Alpha-Pix-4 all smart pixels.

I am at a loss?

16 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

By any chance, do you have gif images or motion images in the Motion effects. 

Nope. No GIFs in any of the files I am using, I'm going to put my sequencing Computer back to 5.3.10 which is what the show computer is using and see what happens. Jim might be right about it being the computer's issue. The show computer is not connected to the internet so windows updates have not prisoned it. LOL Thanks guys for all the help.

13 hours ago, macalaska said:

I am at a loss?

Me too, but today is a new day and I am going to make this thing work even if it takes till next October. 🤣 

It seems to be several things.( on my end anyway)

1.) the file format of .loredit doesn't talk to the verifier 

2.) when any effect is added to large rgb props the calculating intensity is using almost 100% of my cpu

3.) I can get them to work if exported as LMS/LAS, however the motion effect are not compatible.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have any custom props? Like maybe a model that was imported from XLights or Boscoyo Studios? I noticed tonight on my pc that it seems the custom props I have imported take forever to load or render when a motion effect is added. It took about 5 minutes just to open a sequence before I could so anything to it. 

I find that interacting with my Boscoyo pixel bulbs varies from sequence to sequence, and I do not know why.  The one that is frustrating me now has no other pixels enabled on any other prop; I am just working on one bulb and one bulb only.  If I add any motion to even just one "cell", it takes minutes before I can interact again.  On other sequences, doing the same comes back almost immediately, even though there are thousands of other pixels enabled.  Very frustrating.  S5 5.5.6 (I freeze my LOR baseline during the season).