Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor

Biff

Hi everyone! Trying to make my first show. I have a whopping 5 sequences but when I click on the plus button and it only brings up two sequences. Looking back at the sequences on the left of the grid is your light identification. It looks like the sequences that won’t load have more names and grids than I put in on purpose. Is there a way to delete the grid and names on the left? example (24-RGB Window Five) I have no idea where that came from or what it means... Hope that makes sense and will fix my problem. Thanks 

Sounds like you bought some sequences? If so, then those extra names are from the sequence installer. I personally wouldn't worry about them, but I suspect you could delete them from the sequences folder. My guess why you can't see 3 of your sequences is they weren't installed/copied to the sequences folder. Re-install the sequences (or copy  the LMS/LCS files into the sequences folder) and see if that fixes it. Remember that if the music isn't in the folder the sequence expects it in you will need to load the file up in the sequences and tell it where the music is.

On an unrelated note; your computer will die some day - back up your LOR folder often.

Ok. So I moved the files and now they are loaded on the show editor. But they are no longer in the sequencer files when you go to the sequence editor. Should I copy and paste them back? Also I was trying to  just see if they would turn on to start the show on the control panel and I got a com port error message. Im assuming it was because I didn’t have the com plugged in yet? Wanted to see if they were loaded right. I guess the best thing is to hook up everything and give it a try? Any help would be appreciated... 

Do not have a show PC in front of me, but I believe to edit the sequences now you just need to open the sequencer and point to the new location (LOR/sequences folder).

I am almost positive you will get a com port error if trying to play a show without the RS485 adapter plugged in. AS long as that it plugged in, you can "run" a show on your PC without issues - don't need any lights actually hooked up.  Don't forget there is logging you can look at while stuff is running - left click on the light bulb icon I think.

Just got it hooked up and nothing. No error message but the enable schedule won’t let me click on it. Tried the show on demand and nothing unfortunately. 

For giggles try using the simple show creator that's in the Hub. This will create a show and schedule it in one app.

Something clearly got messed up.  I think one of us needs to remote into your computer and see what is going on.  Do you have TeamViewer installed on that computer?  If not, can you install it?  I am willing to help you out.