Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't find the location of my sequence file.....

Donl1150

This is very strange but causing me a problem.  Ran the show last night and saw several small problems I want to fix in various sequences.  When I open the file in SE, I discover it is not the sequence that is playing in the Show file.  Here is a screen shot of the file that is playing in the show.  I can't seem to find that file and don't know how to find the path to it on my computer.   Tried right clicking but no luck with that.  Did a Windows search and that didn't help either.  The Show Editor screen doesn't stretch so I can see the complete name of the file either.  Very frustrating.

ps - I have always struggled with the naming and location of files in LOR.  Is it just me or do others have the same problem?

image.png.39f1984c3ae1856b709043528a5fe543.png

The default location for the LOR data folders, is under users\username\documents\Light O Rama. At least in W10. It was slightly different in earlier versions. There are Sequence, Audio and other folders in there.

If you changed it after install or during LORpost which sets the default, it will be wherever you told it.

On top of that SE will let you save your files anywhere you choose so if you decided to use another folder, it will let you.

Get into the habit of opening your sequences in SE  using File Open instead of the recent files list and you can see the path every time you open the file.

To search. Open file explorer, click on Local C:

In the search box upper right type .lms, (don"t forget the dot.)  and press the arrow key. You should get a list of every sequence on the drive with their paths.

And I agree that having the Show Editor window too small to see all the filename is a pain.  In my case the last part of the filename is the revision date and letter (for example: Joy to the World 2020-11-29a.loredit), so the end of the filename is important.

USE AT YOUR RISK!!

Yon can open the .lss (show file) with a text editor.  The full path of of your sequence is in the file.  

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ASSOCIATE YOUR TEXT EDITOR WITH THE .lss EXTENSION.

2 hours ago, basis21b said:

USE AT YOUR RISK!!

Yon can open the .lss (show file) with a text editor.  The full path of of your sequence is in the file.  

I know.  I have over the years hand edited almost all of the LOR files at one point or another.  Have to be VERY CAREFUL as some are really easy to mess up.  But I'm enough of a techie geek that I was able to get through it.  I agree with the statement - Use at your own risk!

12 hours ago, basis21b said:

USE AT YOUR RISK!!

AND make a BACKUP first.

I highly recommend  using Notepad++ (or other 'code' editor).

It will parse the file so it appears with logic.

AND USE IT WITH ALL THE CARE your fellow lighters recommended.   👍