Light-O-Rama Forums

16 channel ac controllers

tonyloga

Hi everyone 

I added my 16 channel older original controller to my set up now that I have all the RGB controllers set up and working. I was going to use these for my old snowman, deer, flood light  and other props. Hardware utility recognized it and I can test them and they light up. I then added them in s5 and tried to set a channel to on for the sequence but they don’t light up. When I looked at the controller it now says “ no connection”. If I go back to hardware utility I can turn them on and off so I know that it’s recognizing the controller. I have added pictures of the set up and think I’m just missing something in s5. Any help would be appreciated. ( sorry for the quality of photos but I had to resize them to get uploaded  here)

F4A7B735-22C7-451B-9339-6E5C1B483507.jpeg

FBF3BF2A-0E64-4355-8E91-9B3499BB9E42.jpeg

90F2EB04-309F-464A-9C07-54474910CD44.jpeg

How OLD? A Gen 2 can not be used on an Enhanced network. It needs to be on ONE that is not.  It also can't be on a network above 115K

Pixies like Enhanced mode and a Red adapter at 500K

It was purchased in 2012. I have added the pic of the order. In the hardware utility it shows as 32LD-G3 ver 1.06. I don’t know if G3 is generation 3. I do have it running on the the red USB connector and still have the old black one as a back up if needed. Not sure if this helps. Would I have to set up the 16channel on the other USB connector as a separate network? 
cheers

tony 

E397735D-AB1F-492A-AE7E-0F8E20F008F7.png

Pretty sure that in 2012, Gen-3 had not been invented yet.  That is when I started and I don't think Gen-3 came out until a couple years later.

I would put that oldie on the Black (NOT enhanced mode) , and the other stuff on the Red.   (run 2 networks minimum)

Ok sounds good. Is there a proper way to do that. Just don’t want to mess anything up now that I have the rest working. 

1 hour ago, tonyloga said:

Ok sounds good. Is there a proper way to do that. Just don’t want to mess anything up now that I have the rest working. 

Someone will need to lead you thru this for s5.  For S4, there was the channel configuration tool:Change controller (button on the bottom). There it was simple. Select the device ID from those the sequence used: change the Network. Repeat for each ID (you need to do pixies for each PORT ID) 💡 put the Red as Regular, and move the slower ones to Black (AuxA)