Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommended 5V Power Supply for Pixie 4

jrcarlton

I have some 5V lights that I would like to connect to a Pixie 4; however, I cannot find a 5V power supply that's waterproof (IP67).  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, jrcarlton said:

I have some 5V lights that I would like to connect to a Pixie 4; however, I cannot find a 5V power supply that's waterproof (IP67).  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Most folk have their Pixies in a water resistant (when wall/post mounted) case like a Cable Guard 1500, there is room for a standard PSU (Look at what LOR  offers as a RTG pixel unit.

I have a couple of these (series) boxes intended for outlet strips w/wall worts.  Be cautious about heat buildup and minor leaking if any cord can wick into the box  https://smile.amazon.com/SOCKiTBOX-Weatherproof-Connection-Electrical-Transformers/dp/B018HHMBW2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1WPYPYGFVPNJR&dchild=1&keywords=outdoor%2Bweatherproof%2Bpower%2Bstrip&qid=1606529717&sprefix=outdoor%2Bweather%2Caps%2C248&sr=8-7&th=1

Same here.  I have everything that is outside mounted in weatherproof enclosures - either PVC electrical boxes or inside my brick columns.

1 hour ago, jrcarlton said:

Any recommendations for 5v power supplies?

IMHO your requirement is absurd for use with a controller that has none.

Submerged???

Pixie 4s don't come with a power supply.  I have a water tight enclosure, but i need a 5V power supply vs a 12V. I prefer IP67 rated power supplies, but I cannot find one that is 5 V.  No, not submerged. I just need a recommendation of a 5V power supply. IMHO, stating something as absurd was not necessary,  It's absurd of making an assumption (IMHO)

3 minutes ago, jrcarlton said:

Pixie 4s don't come with a power supply.  I have a water tight enclosure, but i need a 5V power supply vs a 12V. I prefer IP67 rated power supplies, but I cannot find one that is 5 V.  No, not submerged. I just need a recommendation of a 5V power supply. IMHO, stating something as absurd was not necessary,  It's absurd of making an assumption (IMHO)

IP67 is a Submerged occasionally rating.  A splash/rain resistant rating (IP65) is common. Holiday Coro has both 12 and 5V that must be mounted vertical (fan opening down).

I have 6 of the 12V ones, some are on their 3rd season I mount mine on the back of the CG1500 cabinets, which are all pole mounted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNbvb6PCypJm5oxizE3Ff1iLBckuno9m/view?usp=sharing

• The topic was locked