Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on one singing tree kit and motion packs

Imnew2hu

Hi guys I purchased the Felix tree kit, I got it assembled, have it running!

I got it assembled, have it running!

I love the affect, Right now I have one sequence one song one motion pack, if I wanted to add a second song btw I am buying these from LOR website, would I also have to pay for another motion pack?. 

right now everything is stand alone with a mini director black box holding the motion pack and sequence and mp3.

I admit I’m a total newbie when it comes to this

my thought was I could just use the one motion pack then add 5-6 more songs and Song sequences and have it all play using the one motion pack. 

it gets a bit pricey if I have to add motion packs for each song., 

help

Your profile shows you  only have a Basic license.  If that is correct, a Basic license DOES NOT support Motion Packs.  So they won't work. 

The only license level that does is the PRO license.

Ok I’m using the mp3 mini director and motion packs are working due to that my question is do I need to buy a RTG sequence and a motion pack for each seq I buy?

On 11/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, Imnew2hu said:

Ok I’m using the mp3 mini director and motion packs are working due to that my question is do I need to buy a RTG sequence and a motion pack for each seq I buy?

If the Motion Pack is the same filename for all the LOR sequences, then no, but if each sequence has a Motion Pack that corresponds to that specific sequence, then yes.

However, I still do not see how you can use Motion Packs with only a BASIC license.   As a PRO license IS still required for them to operate, even if using an Director, they should NOT function under a BASIC license, again Motion Packs are only usable under a PRO license.  If you look at the comparison page of each license level and what it can/can not do, Motion Packs are only active and checked off as available with a PRO license.

You might think they're working, but I'll bet they are just being ignored.  Your profile shows a BASIC license and that is all I have to go on, unless you upgraded to a PRO license and have not updated your profile to reflect that.

Anyone else that may read this, I'm sure they are going to tell you the same thing I have.

Edited by Orville
change ; to '

No you are correct I have a basic license!

I have just 1 controller the pixie 2 controlling a singing face, Felix. When I ordered the kit from LOR I called and talked to a really great woman who knew I was new and lost at this and I explained how one of their competitors HC left me high and dry 9 weeks before Christmas.

she said I needed just the basic license to control the pixie 2, when using the but I would have to buy sequences because my license level did not Let me do something with pixels, yada yada yada u know the rest. 

ive just downloaded songs and motion packs from LOR website for the singing trees and their music from Amazon. I used the card created my show and it works as promesed.

14 hours ago, Imnew2hu said:

No you are correct I have a basic license!

I have just 1 controller the pixie 2 controlling a singing face, Felix. When I ordered the kit from LOR I called and talked to a really great woman who knew I was new and lost at this and I explained how one of their competitors HC left me high and dry 9 weeks before Christmas.

she said I needed just the basic license to control the pixie 2, when using the but I would have to buy sequences because my license level did not Let me do something with pixels, yada yada yada u know the rest. 

ive just downloaded songs and motion packs from LOR website for the singing trees and their music from Amazon. I used the card created my show and it works as promesed.

Interesting, because I wouldn't think a Motion Pack would work since you use the LOR Software to create the SD Card.   So I would never have expected them to work.   Very interesting. 

Thanks for letting me {and others} know this.   

Because I could only go by the software license comparison, and nowhere in the Director manual does it say anything about using motion packs at any license level.   So I just figured they wouldn't function since it was more or less an additional perk with the PRO license.

Guys I don’t pretend to know much about this stuff, all I can go by is what is working and what I have done per the instructions given to me by the great woman on the phone. I wish I could remember her name I’d like to send her a thank you card. At any rate it works as stated.

12 minutes ago, Imnew2hu said:

Guys I don’t pretend to know much about this stuff, all I can go by is what is working and what I have done per the instructions given to me by the great woman on the phone. I wish I could remember her name I’d like to send her a thank you card. At any rate it works as stated.

You probably talked to Mary.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mr. P said:

Thanks for the links Mr. P.  I never really looked at the buy a MotionPak, so I missed that pdf document.  Now added to my ever growing list of LOR instruction/information books.

But from what I read in it, I still don't see how using a Director with a lower license level than Advanced allows a lower license level to use them.