Question on one singing tree kit and motion packs

Imnew2hu

Hi guys I purchased the Felix tree kit, I got it assembled, have it running!

I got it assembled, have it running!

I love the affect, Right now I have one sequence one song one motion pack, if I wanted to add a second song btw I am buying these from LOR website, would I also have to pay for another motion pack?. 

right now everything is stand alone with a mini director black box holding the motion pack and sequence and mp3.

I admit I’m a total newbie when it comes to this

my thought was I could just use the one motion pack then add 5-6 more songs and Song sequences and have it all play using the one motion pack. 

it gets a bit pricey if I have to add motion packs for each song., 

help

Your profile shows you  only have a Basic license.  If that is correct, a Basic license DOES NOT support Motion Packs.  So they won't work. 

The only license level that does is the PRO license.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, Imnew2hu said:

Ok I’m using the mp3 mini director and motion packs are working due to that my question is do I need to buy a RTG sequence and a motion pack for each seq I buy?

If the Motion Pack is the same filename for all the LOR sequences, then no, but if each sequence has a Motion Pack that corresponds to that specific sequence, then yes.

However, I still do not see how you can use Motion Packs with only a BASIC license.   As a PRO license IS still required for them to operate, even if using an Director, they should NOT function under a BASIC license, again Motion Packs are only usable under a PRO license.  If you look at the comparison page of each license level and what it can/can not do, Motion Packs are only active and checked off as available with a PRO license.

You might think they're working, but I'll bet they are just being ignored.  Your profile shows a BASIC license and that is all I have to go on, unless you upgraded to a PRO license and have not updated your profile to reflect that.

Anyone else that may read this, I'm sure they are going to tell you the same thing I have.

Edited by Orville
change ; to '

No you are correct I have a basic license!

I have just 1 controller the pixie 2 controlling a singing face, Felix. When I ordered the kit from LOR I called and talked to a really great woman who knew I was new and lost at this and I explained how one of their competitors HC left me high and dry 9 weeks before Christmas.

she said I needed just the basic license to control the pixie 2, when using the but I would have to buy sequences because my license level did not Let me do something with pixels, yada yada yada u know the rest. 

ive just downloaded songs and motion packs from LOR website for the singing trees and their music from Amazon. I used the card created my show and it works as promesed.

14 hours ago, Imnew2hu said:

No you are correct I have a basic license!

I have just 1 controller the pixie 2 controlling a singing face, Felix. When I ordered the kit from LOR I called and talked to a really great woman who knew I was new and lost at this and I explained how one of their competitors HC left me high and dry 9 weeks before Christmas.

she said I needed just the basic license to control the pixie 2, when using the but I would have to buy sequences because my license level did not Let me do something with pixels, yada yada yada u know the rest. 

ive just downloaded songs and motion packs from LOR website for the singing trees and their music from Amazon. I used the card created my show and it works as promesed.

Interesting, because I wouldn't think a Motion Pack would work since you use the LOR Software to create the SD Card.   So I would never have expected them to work.   Very interesting. 

Thanks for letting me {and others} know this.   

Because I could only go by the software license comparison, and nowhere in the Director manual does it say anything about using motion packs at any license level.   So I just figured they wouldn't function since it was more or less an additional perk with the PRO license.

Guys I don’t pretend to know much about this stuff, all I can go by is what is working and what I have done per the instructions given to me by the great woman on the phone. I wish I could remember her name I’d like to send her a thank you card. At any rate it works as stated.

12 minutes ago, Imnew2hu said:

Guys I don’t pretend to know much about this stuff, all I can go by is what is working and what I have done per the instructions given to me by the great woman on the phone. I wish I could remember her name I’d like to send her a thank you card. At any rate it works as stated.

You probably talked to Mary.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mr. P said:

Thanks for the links Mr. P.  I never really looked at the buy a MotionPak, so I missed that pdf document.  Now added to my ever growing list of LOR instruction/information books.

But from what I read in it, I still don't see how using a Director with a lower license level than Advanced allows a lower license level to use them.