Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving License to another machine

Mark Oiver

I purchased a new machine and was wondering if someone could point me towards the instructions on how to transfer my license from my old machine to my new machine.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Mark Oiver said:

I purchased a new machine and was wondering if someone could point me towards the instructions on how to transfer my license from my old machine to my new machine.

Thanks

You get 5 installs, no move needed (or possible).

33 minutes ago, Mark Oiver said:

Thanks

As TheDucks stated, no move is possible, LOR gives us 5 seats{licenses} to use on different machines.

You just install the software as you normally would, enter your license key and all info, e-mail you registered the software with, name used under that registration and it will connect and register/license your new systems LOR installation.

Very simple process.

LOR has been very kind, however, about updating someone's license count if they technically run out of licenses just because they are moving/replacing computers.  If you're hitting the limit because of PC replacements, open a help desk ticket with LOR explaining the situation and they may work with you.

• 9 months later...

I'm going through the same i updated my motherboard amd quad core cpu 3ghz 3 gig of ram. Windows 10.   Had to change hdd to sata.  Can no longer use ide and scsi.  Coming from a pentium 1.8 single core.  And a half gig of ram. Lol.  I'm unable to register due to I exceeded my limit on pc's.  

18 minutes ago, boatdog357 said:

I'm going through the same i updated my motherboard amd quad core cpu 3ghz 3 gig of ram. Windows 10.   Had to change hdd to sata.  Can no longer use ide and scsi.  Coming from a pentium 1.8 single core.  And a half gig of ram. Lol.  I'm unable to register due to I exceeded my limit on pc's.  

Open a help desk ticket.  They will increase your license seat number.  Fairly quick and easy.

• The topic was locked