Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie4 not recognized on new computer. Recognized on old computer.

kbolin10

Bought a Pixie4 controller this year and wanted to test it on my new computer. Computer will not recognize it through the USB. Tried on my old computer where my show runs from and recognized it fine. Any idea what would cause this?

Did you install the USB drivers. What com port is the old PC using. It will need to be the same on the new one.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

Did you install the USB drivers. What com port is the old PC using. It will need to be the same on the new one.

Would it need to be the same if it was never hooked up to the old computer before? I tried it first on the new computer. USB drivers are installed and updated. Have wireless mouse and such in the other USB so I know they work. 

Do not open multiple threads of the same topic in multiple groups.

This never leads to a quicker resolution, and only creates confusion.

(This thread relocated from LOR Hardware)

Well, since you have the com port specified in Network Prefs, it would either need to be the same or you will need to change it every time you swap machines.

How does a mouse and such tell you that the LOR adaptor is working.

Let us Clarify: Not recognized

Where/When? HU or your show?

HU give you a list of COM ports found on the computer. SOME of these may be other than LOR (eg My laptop has a Modem on COM3)

Also, you always want to install the LOR driver BEFORE you ever attach the adapter or Windows might install a 'generic'.

• The topic was locked