Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR-11 PIXIE 16 TREE KIT HELP

marty h

Hello and Happy thanksgiving. 

Need some guidance please

I have a plug and play ccr 2 16 ribbon tree .  My sequences all play on preview show pixie tree working.  I plugged everything in today.  Everything is working but the pixie tree.  When you plug in the cat 5 cable the pixie controller light goes solid red but light do nothing. I used the dip switches to set the starting unit id to 10 which is what it is set at in s5.  Also using a mp3 director with shows on sd card.  shows set up at 500k 

Help appreciated. 

Thank you 

Marty  

Edited by marty h

Do you have more than 1 LOR network? The LED just says there is a Network Heartbeat.  The controller does not know what network it belongs on. The CAT5 cable delivers A network.

Your sequence send commands out to an ID on a specific network.

I cant say i understand the entire network deal.  I would assume I have the one network.  All of my controllers are linked together via cat5 cable. 

I looked at them and they are all on the same network

Edited by marty h

1 hour ago, marty h said:

I cant say i understand the entire network deal.  I would assume I have the one network.  All of my controllers are linked together via cat5 cable. 

I looked at them and they are all on the same network

1 chain of controllers is 1 Network fed from 1 Adapter (or director output).

A Pixie 16 almost always wants to be on a Separate Network (or a very lightly loaded one). Please List ALL controller models and their generation.

Also: let us work on getting PC system working before switching to the Director.

2015 Show time Starter kit with mini director

2016 CTB16PC

2017 CTB16pc

2018 4 50w RGB Floods 

2019 CTB16PC

2020  16 Pixie Tree Plug n play controller  (lol)

I erased all the sequences and did them in enhanced 500k.  Now nothing but music works.  I understand that the pixie tree needs to operate at 500k and the other controllers at the 57. 

I use the s5 hub to copy the sequences.  Seems like you pick one speed or the other.  How do I separate them and create the second network all running the same sequence or whatever you suggest.

Thank you 

Marty

I can't help with the Showtime 5 part, (or much about the mini-director)

Is you Minidirector the g3 version 👍 That does 500K

First: get some more CAT5 cables. Home run the Pixie to the AuxA port on the Director OR your Red adapter which has bee set to be AuxA in the Network utility

IF all the CTB16 have a Green LED on the board, the will run lots faster than 57K (the one to really look at is the 2016. If it has a Red LED, that is your poky (115K) one. It would not hurt to bump the Regular Network speed to 115K

Your flood is good for 500K.

Someone will need to step in on the easiest way to modify your sequences to change the Network (only).

In ST 4 sequence editor, the is a Channel Configuration tool: (use for each sequence): At the bottom: Change controller: Select the ID for the Pixie16: Change the network ONLY: to AuxA. Save NOTE: unlike elsewhere in LOR, you need to do this for every ADDITIONAL (port) ID on the board 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F

Have to be more specific with the mini director. You stated 2015 so that mini director may not go over 115K. Can you tell us exactly which mini director it is?

3 hours ago, marty h said:

Ok i looked at the mp3.  It says Gen3 Mini Director  ump3g3   it has a Kingston 8gb sd card in it. 

That says you are in luck. It can do 500K. You just need to reconfigure your sequences to use both ports (Pixie16 on AuxA )

1 hour ago, marty h said:

My mp3 only has one port. No what?

Anything that is G3 can be connected together and will turn off the mini director.

Anything that is not G3 cannot reach the 500k ELOR so you would have to use a computer and set up an additional nw for those or not use them with your newer stuff

However based on the information you posted earlier the number of controllers would not be an issue.

JR

6 hours ago, marty h said:

My mp3 only has one port. No what?

Sorry, but the mini directors just won't work for you if you need multiple networks, you need a better MP3 Director, either the N2-G3 MP3 or the best, the N4-G4 MP3 Director.  N2 has 2 ports, it can do Reg and Aux A, the N4-G4 has 4 ports and can be set as Reg, Aux A, Aux B and Aux C, which are the 4 networks I use in my 2020 Christmas Display.

So you need to upgrade to a Director that will give you the Network Ports you need to make things work.

Sorry to jump into the conversation, but this is exactly the theme of my question. I added a Pixel tree, and have it plugged into one of the jacks on my 2nd (chan 17-32) contoller. can that jack work for additional network for tree or do I have to upgrade my MP3 unit for the second time this season. If I can use that jack, how do I do it? 

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, mjchawks11 said:

Sorry to jump into the conversation, but this is exactly the theme of my question. I added a Pixel tree, and have it plugged into one of the jacks on my 2nd (chan 17-32) contoller. can that jack work for additional network for tree or do I have to upgrade my MP3 unit for the second time this season. If I can use that jack, how do I do it? 

Thanks for the help!

What model Controller?

Ok, i can take a breath on that part. Thanks.

But if I can ask, I cant figure out how two split the network. this is my first year with the tree.

5 minutes ago, mjchawks11 said:

Ok, i can take a breath on that part. Thanks.

But if I can ask, I cant figure out how two split the network. this is my first year with the tree.

I don't think that controller (the part with the display) supports driving 2 networks

So I am back to swapping out MP3 units. Hopefully they will take back the little black one I got delivered on last Tuesday......

20 minutes ago, mjchawks11 said:

So I am back to swapping out MP3 units. Hopefully they will take back the little black one I got delivered on last Tuesday......

Keep it. It is useful for configuring units, besides the Postage to return it is awful. (the Back is a RS485 adapter, not MP3 anything)