Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Discussion Director/More

Orville

On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, DevMike said:

DirectorLink is not supported in S4.

Not trying to be a pain DevMike, but I'd still like to know why or what makes the difference in the reason it can't be supported in S4 Hub?

Not that I'd probably ever use this option, but just so I know a bit more info on the reasons why the S4 Hub couldn't support it.

Thanks.

BTW: Why is it in the S4 HU you can use CTRL-A after selecting a sequence to select all sequences in the folder and then import with Open to the Sequence area in the MP3 tab to write to an SD Card, but CTRL-A is not supported in the S4 Hub in the same manner?  

I've started sorting my sequences into Folders of not more than 99 sequences, since there is a limitation of that, but in the Hub it's a PITA to have to click 99 times to get all sequences selected before clicking on the + to get them over to the area for writing to an SD Card, especially when doing multiple shows.   Sure would be great if we could get this option in the S4 Hub, sure would make selecting multiple sequences all at once much easier.

At some point you have to draw a line on what is and is not supported.   We are trying to move away from S4 - S5 has been out long enough now that it is mature and will become the standard.

Hub selection logic is going to be looked at in the future.

G4 MP3 director manual is now available on our Documentation page.

9 hours ago, DevMike said:

At some point you have to draw a line on what is and is not supported.   We are trying to move away from S4 - S5 has been out long enough now that it is mature and will become the standard.

Hub selection logic is going to be looked at in the future.

G4 MP3 director manual is now available on our Documentation page.

Been playing with S5 on another computer, got to say I still hate it!   I prefer the easier way the Sequencer is set up in S4, with my vision issues, it's just easier.   Yes, I've made the screen larger in S5, but it takes too much off the screen, there is just too much crap on the screen at one time for my liking.  Maybe if those 2 windows were more like the Animation window where if you wanted to see them, then you'd click on the area in the drop down menu to access them.    They are part of the problem, if they could be turned off and the sequencing screen larger without them that'd suit me just fine.

I had thought of moving to S5, but because of the complex way to make lights work, which I've never quite figured out how to set things up in the preview area, and using the other options in S5 just gives me a migraine trying to make things work.   So I doubt I'll never go beyond S4.

I'm just too old and prefer what I prefer, especially when it works, sadly S5 is still just too confusing too me on getting it set up with my controllers and display elements, no matter. how many videos I watch or manuals/forums I read, I just can't seem to grasp that version at all.   Not like the Pre-S5 versions.   I prefer things simple and to me, S5 is way beyond the Keep It Simple method.

I did download the newest Director manual, would be nice if there was a way to get an actual hard copy from LOR, as I have no way of printing it.