Light-O-Rama Forums

Director and Subsequence

Kcan

I updated some old sequences and created a few new ones as well. I went to the Hub to create a new show on an SD card (I have a mini-director) and I get an error message stating a sub-sequence in the MP3 file is not allowed. I am not very good at this, but did create shows the last few years using the simple show builder (now replaced by the Hub). Does anyone know what this error means? I tried creating a show with just a single sequence (tried several different ones) and get the same error. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have used a Director right from my beginning 6 years ago, and although I have had numerous issues over the years (mis-sampled audio files being the biggest culprit), I have never worked with sub-sequences so I am afraid I am probably no help here.  Not even sure what it is or why I would need one.  But I am assuming since you get the error that you actually have a sub-sequence programmed in.  If this is not the case please respond here and we can try some additional debugging.

Rather than retype or try to rephrase subsequences and what they are/ do and what not to do I will simply say

If you are in S5 click the question mark and search for subsequence , if you are in S4 right click on the control panel icon and select Help and type i the search. When I purchased my original entire show and laptop in 2005 the guy had subsequence channels in every sequence. 

Fast forward to 2016, I have trashed all of those sequences every prop and haven't used subsequences. I [personally do not have reason to need them.

JR

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Fast forward to 2016, I have trashed all of those sequences every prop and haven't used subsequences. I personally do not have reason to need them.

Agree 100%  :)

so my sub sequence (but i didnt add one it was a motion effect row) came when i bought a ccr tree and programed it thru ss i read that there are ways to do it but they are not clear to me at this point hoping that someone could be a little more specific on how to get it incorporated so i can get it on an sd card to play in my N2-G4-MP3 director

Edited by Michlind

2 hours ago, Michlind said:

so my sub sequence (but i didnt add one it was a motion effect row) came when i bought a ccr tree and programed it thru ss i read that there are ways to do it but they are not clear to me at this point hoping that someone could be a little more specific on how to get it incorporated so i can get it on an sd card to play in my N2-G4-MP3 director

You have to create the tree in the preview, add it to your sequence.

Add a ME row

Right click the ME row

Select "row"

Right click on the row agai

Add Super Star effect

It will take you to SS

Open your sup file you created

close SS

It will give you a warning , answer yes

Your SS sequence will now be in your sequence

The other way

Open SS outside of S5

Open your sup sequence

File

Export

Export as LMS

Deselect the Macro Channel box

Export

Now it will be an LMS file and you can open that in S5

To use the above method you will have to add light channels to your ccr tree prop, sort them correctly and it would be best to group each port 1-50 to make the 16 RGB rows that SS will give you

JR

Thank all of you for your help the issue was some how a subsequence sequence got put in as a beat track.  no idea how that happened all fixed now

3 hours ago, hasslerk said:

Wow, that is a new and obscure problem.  Thanks for sharing the solution and happy you got it worked out.

It's actually discussed in the Help menu. So it's not new to everyone.

JR

Actually I meant to say new and obscure "to me".  Since I do not use subsequences or beat tracks I have not experienced this problem (but now I know to keep a look out for it).