Light-O-Rama Forums

Me too Pixcon16 help request.

ItsMeBobO

I do have a ticket in to the help desk.        I have a USB 3.0 network adapter which I used to configure the PixCon16 to E1.31.  The network pref were set automatically.  The self test cycled the lights.  

My S4 test sequence has turned on a few stray lights lights but not the pattern I expect at all.  1% lit in wrong places and wrong color and movement.  

Power steady on   status flashing    which means no communication.   

Another thing which is bad... the show computer is interfering somehow with my sequencing computer which is the one I am sitting at now.  I am unable to control the mouse and the keyboard repeats or does not accept keystrokes.  Something is using resources which interrupts them but it is not see on the task manager.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Avast     They have been blocking every program including miip and LOR programs.   It was off during configuration but now back on.  

8 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

I gave up on all the 3rd party AV's several years ago. I just use Windows Defender now.

Totally agree with you Phil.   I had issues with things NOT working that should have been no issue at all

.  Those 3rd party AV programs are as far as I'm concerned JUNK!   They block programs I know are fine and ones that you think should get blocked, they don't/   Completely unreliable in my opinion.   Got tired of having to make constant exceptions for programs I used every day, and it seems every time they upgraded definitions or a newer version, they revert back to BLOCKING what you made exceptions for.  RPITA!

Will someone extend an offer to help?    

A few days ago I was able to configure the Pixcon... but nothing played.    So I decided to try the internal network card instead of the USB network card.   Never got that to connect to configure.   Now I am back on the USB network but NetPref never finds the Pixcon.   

Reporting minor progress.   The very next search after disabling power management the Pixcon appeared in the list!      Not over the hill yet tho.

PowerMgt.jpg

The problem was found and Pixcon is now controlling lights!   After successful configuration and lights test,  the network adapter needs to be restored to its prior settings.   The adapter settings were changed just to configure and not for normal communication. 
Which in my case was to Obtain an IP.     After a reboot,   Lights came on. 

BUT the status indicator is still blinking red.  Which is supposed to mean no communication... but the lights are following the sequence. 

ObtainIP.jpg

• The topic was locked