Light-O-Rama Forums

2008 Show Daytime

NWSanta

Hey Guys,

So we were swamped by over 200 + kids this year and tonnes of adults!! Unfortunately, with our 4 month old child, and our 5 year old son heading out for trick or treating we didn't get much time to shoot night time shots...

But, my Wife got out and shot this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJxcH5R0D8&feature=related

Next year we will get some more night time shots...
On to Christmas now.

-Evan

Evan. It looked wonderful! I really liked the piano player. How did you animate him? I used that same skeleton for my pirates but I didn't like the skulls too much. I bought a styrofoam skull from Wal-Mart and another from Michael's and hot glued them onto the cheap skeleton. It really dressed them up!

smjosephrn wrote:

Evan. It looked wonderful! I really liked the piano player. How did you animate him? I used that same skeleton for my pirates but I didn't like the skulls too much. I bought a styrofoam skull from Wal-Mart and another from Michael's and hot glued them onto the cheap skeleton. It really dressed them up!

Hey Steve,

Funny isn't it how some skulls don't look right and some just look plain Dumb! Anyways, the Organ player is just a half a guy with a cape on him. I mounted him to a board and built a tippy seat for him to rock back and forth on.
If you go to Stephanie's site : http://boosandghouls.active.ws/
And click on Projects it shows how we used a Windshield wiper motor running on the 5 V lead from a computer Power supply to run back and forth.
This was our second iteration of the Organ Skull player as last year was, ahem, a little catastrophic. We had technical problems last year but, I got that figured out for this year's show...

On to building a singing pumpkin face like everybody else has and talking/singing Skull heads!!!! All for 2009!!!

Feel free to bounce anything off me or my Wife if you have any questions.
-Evan