Light-O-Rama Forums

System Out of Memory Exception

roha0612

Hello,

I am sharing some sequences with a friend. I have used S4 in previous years and this year upgraded to S5, my friend programs in XLights. He uses XLights to convert between the different file formats.

We have done this a few times but have run into a snag now. Xlights converts to .lms file, when I open the file S5 is trying to convert it from .lms to .loredit on Step 3 (the final step) I am getting the following error:

"Unable to upgrade the sequence: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error?

Sounds to me like perhaps there are some other background programs running that could be interfering with the conversion.   Close any background programs that are running that aren't needed and try it again.

I got this issue before and the sequence was not very large, seems a few background programs hooked into the same memory locations when I tried to reload and edit a sequence, couldn't get rid of the problem until I started shutting down some background programs that were running.

And to do this, you really need to know what you're looking for, what programs may be running that don't need to be and end their process using the Task Manager.  Disabling or ending the wrong processes can create issues, so know what you're doing and what programs to look for running in the background that could be ended before attempting this.