Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixier controller addressing issue

MJK

First time with Pixies, I have several standard controllers but now I have added two 16 port pixie units.  My network looks good since I see the new units.  When I turn on one unit in the hardware utility, #13,  both pixie controllers turn on offset by one port.  For example units are #13 & 14, I turn on 13-1 and 14-2 comes on with it.  Using version 4.4.4, 50 bulbs per port.

Thanks to the help desk I have my issue solved.  I missed the fact that a pixie controller address needs to have 1 ID per port.  I should have seen that when I programmed the sequence editor but I didn't.   That means that the boxes need to be 16 ID's in hex apart not sequential as I had them. 

Just an FYI, your profile shows that you have an Standard license and a Pixie16 will need a high speed enhanced network which is only available with a Pro license.

On a Pixie controller, each string is a Unit ID.  So when you assign a Unit ID to the controller, it self assigns the next number of IDs based on the number of ports on the controller.  So with your first Pixie 16 having an assigned ID of 13, that means that it also uses the following IDs:  14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, and 22 (it counts in hex).  Since you assigned the second Pixie to Unit ID 14 (which also used 15 - 23), most of the strings overlapped.

Also as Mr. P pointed out, you will need to upgrade your LOR software license level.  In addition to needing the Pro for Enhanced networking, your Standard level license will only control Unit IDs 01 - 08.

• The topic was locked