Light-O-Rama Forums

No sound files found in Hub

BandB

New to LOR and bought download from eBay (sequence and audio files). I have figured out how to get the sequence into the LOR file and then uploaded to the hub. The music however, is not found even though its in the audio folder.  Any help is greatly appreciated 

Error message says: The music file for this sequence cannot be found 

I am experiencing the same issue, I keep getting the same message below, over and over in the control panel.

1:12:10 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.) 

Did you associate the audio file with the sequence. In Sequencer, Sequence/media. then save the sequence.

If that is not it, will the file play in Windows Media player outside of LOR.

I have seen those issues many times when I started in this hobby back in 2010, and 9 out of 10 times the audio file has been "renamed", "moved" or even possibly "deleted" {by accident} or you renamed the audio folder the file{s} are in.

I know in S4 {don't know how S5 does it}, in the sequencer you go to Edit/Media file and the sequence will show you exactly where it is looking for the MP3 file in the Filename box.  If it's not there, it probably also won't be in the audio file list of MP3 files listed above the box, if not, you'll  have to search for it to re-link it back to the sequence.  Again this is how it's done in S4, I'm not sure if S5 has this same or similar type set up to find a missing media file.

BTW: The Hub will never show you the MP3 files that are being written to the SD Card, you only add the sequences into it, and if the media file {MP3} is where it is supposed to be, everything should be written to the SD Card without incident.

Edited by Orville