Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 send has failed

Bungle

Hello all,

First post here so forgive me if I’m in the wrong topic. I have a pixcon 16 and it is showing up as a device in the network preferences  tool. I have a single string plugged in for testing and it’s lit solid white. I was trying to load a show and it isn’t working. I assigned the single string to an element in the sequence. Loaded that into a show and nothing. I noticed when saving in the network preferences tool the Comm listener is showing send failures. It opens the universe on the ports but no send. Am I just not getting data to the ports due to this? What could be causing this?

All firewalls are off.

App is allowed on all rules for private and public.

I’m running LOR v 5.5.16.

Can you post a screen capture of the Comm Listener.

Also, since you have updated to 5.5.16, please update your forum profile to reflect that change.

6 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Can you post a screen capture of the Comm Listener.

Also, since you have updated to 5.5.16, please update your forum profile to reflect that change.

Uhm, shows he has an Advance license, doesn't the PixCon16's require a PRO license to operate?  And could this be a possible issue creating his woes?

The Pixcon 16 requires a Enhanced LOR protocol if using LOR connectivity.  I was gathering (maybe incorrectly) that he was using the Pixcon 16 via E1.31, which requires at least an Advanced level license.

However, if he is trying to use the Pixcon 16 via a LOR network, you are right, it would not work unless it's an Enhanced network - which can not be enabled with an Advanced license.

So, the question to Bungle:  Are you trying to control the Pixcon 16 via E1.31 (DMX over Ethernet), or via a LOR network?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m still having issues on this. Getting the send failed.

I have the Pro license. When I connect I am seeing a E1.31 send failure for each DMX universe.

lights are all on and can see the controller in the network preferences.

Do you have the E1.31 set up in Network Preferences?  Can you post a screen capture of the DMX page in Network Preferences.  Also, where are you seeing the E1.31 send failures?  Can you post a screen capture of that please.

Note that this forum has a VERY limited space available for uploading pictures.  Far better to upload photos and screen capture to a publicly available photo share or website (Google drive, Dropbox, etc) and post the link to that.

• The topic was locked