Light-O-Rama Forums

In over my head with 16X25 Pixel Tree

RichieCharles88

I don’t know why I thought this would be simple... we have a LOR1602W that worked great last year... this year why not add a pixel tree.. so I add a pixel tree to my computer layout and set it physically up... now how do I make the the sequence know where the tree is... it’s not as simple as “unit id 2” because the sequencer says it’s unit 2,3,4,5, and 6.... the only thing I can find online is to make it “Aux A” but how do I make the controller on the tree know it’s “AuxA”... and not like 40 like how it came from the factory..  so when I start a show something happens... I’m so lost 

A few things going on here.

1. Controllers themselves don't know (or care) what network they are on. You define the network via the Sequencer and the LOR Network Preferences program.
2. "and not like 40 like how it came from the factory" -  Controllers come with 01 as their LOR ID. The "40" you might be referring to is the assignment for purchased LOR sequences.

Set the address of the Pixie controller to whatever you currently have in your sequences. If you are using a mix of LOR purchased sequences and your own, you will need to make sure they are the same.
http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Pixie_Man_Web.pdf

Make changes to the address in the Preview section. http://www.lightorama.com/help/manage_previews.htm

It works the same way for all pixie controllers. S4 and S5 are basically the same as pertaining to your question.

This will help you out

Thanks y’all. It put it to unit ID 80... from the factory which is weird because it was 40 yesterday.... so when I increased the “max unit id’s” to a higher number and hit refresh  it picked up on the second controller this time. So I think i got it all working now.  

yesterday it showed up as “40-pixie8 ver1.4  and today it showed up as “80-pixie8 ver 1.04”  but whatever, it’s set to “2” now and it’s all working!