Light-O-Rama Forums

second hand ctb16pcg3

uk spark

i have aquired ctb16pcg3 a setup from a sale room in uk, trying to get set up but having problems at every step 

1/ purchased licence and downloaded software 5516 entered code and just keep recieving error 10 message 

2/ do i need the rs 485 unit to run sotware as this isnt within the box of lighting controllers i have brought 

3/ im running on 110v as lights are 110v got new transformer

all help much appreciated as not long till christmas

7 hours ago, uk spark said:

1/ purchased licence and downloaded software 5516 entered code and just keep recieving error 10 message

Give it a little time.  They may be having an issue with the license server.

7 hours ago, uk spark said:

2/ do i need the rs 485 unit to run sotware as this isnt within the box of lighting controllers i have brought 

Not to run the software, but you do need at least one to control the show via a computer.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:15 AM, uk spark said:

i have aquired ctb16pcg3 a setup from a sale room in uk, trying to get set up but having problems at every step 

Yes, you do need this adapter, even if you are not running shows from your computer, it is used by many of us that use Directors to run our shows, but have the adapter so we can connect a controller and lights to it and program them via the computer to see what they're doing real time when sequencing them.

So I'd say, yes, you definitely need at least one for testing, and you definitely need it if running your show from your computer.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 2:15 AM, uk spark said:

3/ im running on 110v as lights are 110v got new transformer

That 220>120 transformer may NOT solve your issues. If you have a G3, it was set up for 220V. You might be able to move the logic power jumpers to 120V, but the snubbers may not function as well (if I read the data sheet right. 220V ones are now built to specd voltage)

You also need (could be the slower Black one) Just to configure LOR boards using HU, even if you uses a director to run the show.

5 hours ago, Orville said:

Yes, you do need this adapter, even if you are not running shows from your computer, it is used by many of us that use Directors to run our shows, but have the adapter so we can connect a controller and lights to it and program them via the computer to see what they're doing real time when sequencing them.

So I'd say, yes, you definitely need at least one for testing, and you definitely need it if running your show from your computer.

thanks for your help i have ordered one just hoping it arrives quickly as getting quite near to christmas.unless some in the uk has one going spare or a uk supplier as i think its unique to light o rama ??, still got the issue with licence though !!