Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming tips for a matrix tune-to sign

jfuller8400

I decided (at the last minute) to add a matrix tune-to sign to my display this year.  I've got the matrix all up and running (yea!) and now working on getting it programmed.  So far I've been playing with S4's pixel editor and can do different text messages but I've also seen pics where people have made different borders on their matrix, etc.  and I'm just curious how they are creating them and the tools people are using (PE, Superstar, xlights, etc.)

I am using a P10 matrix and a P5 matrix for my tune to signs.  For the most part,  just have text on screen.  I don't want the sign to be a distraction from the show.  I just have the artist, title, and Tune to info most of the time.  For example:

http://newburghlights.org/photos/Matrix_panels_hanging_close-up.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:14 PM, k6ccc said:

I am using a P10 matrix and a P5 matrix for my tune to signs.  For the most part,  just have text on screen.  I don't want the sign to be a distraction from the show.  I just have the artist, title, and Tune to info most of the time.  For example:

http://newburghlights.org/photos/Matrix_panels_hanging_close-up.jpg

Which panels do you like and where did you get them?   Thinking of this for a winter project.

Edited by jtomason

I got mine through Wired Watts and ended up with P5's (mostly because they were out of P10's).  I do like the P5's although they do tend to burn up a lot of universes.

High marks to Wired Watts, though.  Good prices, super fast shipping, and great technical help (even when I was asking dumb questions).

I bought my P10 panels from Ray Wu and the P5 panels from Boscoyo.  My intention is to use the P10 for a longer distance facing one direction, and the P5 for a location where people will be much closer to the panel - facing a different direction.

• The topic was locked