Light-O-Rama Forums

16 x 25 LOR Pixel Tree not showing in Sequencer

NewBraunfelsLights

I used the motionpacks from LOR, merged them with the base sequence but the pixie tree isnt showing up on the preview inside of the sequencer when I play it. The tree is not playing outside either but Ive got a HS USB to 485 converter on order - Im just beginning to wonder if it will play at all if I cannot get it to play in the sequencer? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by NewBraunfelsLights

My speed is 500k and it is enhanced. Again, Ive got the black USB to 485 converter but I dont see how that would matter inside of the sequencer. 

I ran a test show and added the motionpack to the show editor under the animation tab and the pixel tree works, but I dont know why it wont work with the merged sequence.

I have absolutely zero experience in motion packs but I can tell you that black adapter is not going to work. You need the red high speed one. 

But I’ll do my best to help anyways. I’m assuming there has to be a way to import these motionpacks into a sequence. Weather it be automatically or via copy paste but I would assume that you’d have to already have your mega tree prop in your preview in order for those effects to play. If there is no prop in your preview then the effects placed within that motion effect row would be ignored as it would fall under a archived prop. 

I did google real quick about the motion packs thing and tbh they seem cheesy. Why not just sequence like normal using motion effect rows? You can buy pixel tree sequences everywhere and import via superstar very easily. 

Hope this helps a bit and good luck :)

Nope, it's not going to play at all at 500K Enhanced on the BLACK USB RS485 adapter, that adapter can not do Enhanced or speeds above 115K maximum.

You'll need to wait until you have the red HS adapter before you're going to be able to see that tree in action.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Nope, it's not going to play at all at 500K Enhanced on the BLACK USB RS485 adapter, that adapter can not do Enhanced or speeds above 115K maximum.

Only half right.  Correct that officially the black USB adapter is limited to 115K speed (although some people have successfully used them at 500K).  Incorrect on Enhanced.  The black USB adapter will run Enhanced networking just fine.

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Edited by k6ccc

21 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Only half right.  Correct that officially the black USB adapter is limited to 115K speed (although some people have successfully used them at 500K).  Incorrect on Enhanced.  The black USB adapter will run Enhanced networking just fine.

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Maybe the newer ones being built, but the one I have from when I started in 2010, when Enhanced was tried, it didn't work for me.  Tried 500K, Enhanced and tried lower speeds, 115K, 57.6K with Enhanced, no go on my end.   Took out the Enhanced and it worked fine.  

That's why I said it wouldn't work, but guess perhaps the newer ones have a different set of electronics that allow it to function like that.   Just know mine does not.

So just to update - my show is fully functioning now. The issues I was having and the solution were as follows...

1. I originally downloaded the Motionpak sequence and tried to merge them into the base sequence before I upgraded to the Pro license. (For the pixel tree, the pro license is required and LOR specifically states that but I missed it) To fix this I had to delete the motionpaks and the merged sequences from the LOR folder and download them again, then merge them in LOR Hub again, and BAM they worked great! For reference, if the pixel tree is not showing up in the visualizer in sequencer when you play your show there, the command is not being sent to the controller.

2. I changed my network speed to 500k enhanced. I am currently running the full show at those settings with the old black USB to 485 converter (Purchased in 2014) but the pixel tree does seem to lag slightly. Ive got the red HS converter on its way and that should fix that!

Hopefully this helps someone else in the same situation in the future!

Edited by NewBraunfelsLights
Clarify

• The topic was locked