Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights won't go off

Slam

Hi

I have a 4min animation sequence I am running in the lead up to Christmas. I have it loaded on a SD card via Hub on the G3-MP3 Director module. The aim is to run on a continuous loop tied to a schedule that ends around 11:30pm.

The problem is that the lights are not shutting off at the end of the schedule. It looks like the sequence stops when the scedule ends and whatever lights are on, stay on.

I tried to change the setting so that the show repeats every 10 minutes and that gave me the option to have the 'lights off' after the sequence runs but unless the timing of the shedule aligns to the sequence not running, I still have a hard stop on the sequence which leaves lights on.

When I ran the sequences last year, I think I had a 25min show with a 10 second 'no lights' show at the end and made sure I had the clock settings to allow the scedule to end when the lights were all off. I assume I will need to do somethign similar for this anim only loop?

Correct, an animation sequence will just quit at the scheduled end.

I don't run off of a director, but I think this should help.  For your animation show, include a shutdown sequence that ramps the lights that are on for the animation down to off.

That way, at 11:30, the show will end.  That will stop the animation sequence and then run the shutdown sequence.

Hi Jim

Unlike shows that run from the control panel/PC, there is no option for a shuntdown sequence in the USB tool in Hub.

What I have ready to test tonight is:

1. added 5 x 5 mins shows (so 25mins duration) in the sequence list

2. added a 20 second shutdown sequence (all off lights)

3. set up a 30 min repeating show to run from 7:30 but ends at 10:28

If all goes to plan then the show will stop with lights off. Hardly elegant but achieves the outcome.

OK this approach worked fine

21 hours ago, Slam said:

Hi Jim

Unlike shows that run from the control panel/PC, there is no option for a shuntdown sequence in the USB tool in Hub.

What I have ready to test tonight is:

1. added 5 x 5 mins shows (so 25mins duration) in the sequence list

2. added a 20 second shutdown sequence (all off lights)

3. set up a 30 min repeating show to run from 7:30 but ends at 10:28

If all goes to plan then the show will stop with lights off. Hardly elegant but achieves the outcome.

In your last sequence to play, make sure the last "Column" is all off, all the way down the sequence. This way, when that last sequence finishes playing, the lights will be commanded off.