Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching snowflakes to house

~DOC~

How’s everyone attach things like snowflakes etc to the side of their house. Have 8 and now I don’t think my ideA is any good. Looking for suggestions. I have vinyl siding. 

at the top of the siding, there will be a piece of J channel, you should be able to get something to hang from that.... some form of a small hook should fit in there... hang a string then the snowflakes off of it...... you may can go get you a piece of j channel,,, if you have room, just make your scrap piece hook into the J that’s on your house... idk if you will have room, but you may.

Sorry for the sideways pictures.but that’s the corner at the top of the vinyl siding...... 

the second picture is how I hung my window outline... j channel in j channel

4 hours ago, Brian Mitchell said:

Hot glue?  Command hooks? 

Will the hot glue come off and does it damage the siding 

I use Clear Bath tub caulk (RTV) and those flat Cable tie anchors to some Stucco (IMHO double sided tape on Command products will not survive on anything less than glass smooth) to keep vertical strings from swinging on the vinyl portion at the bottom

But I expect Residue.  I am lucky: Stucco at the height for mu snowflakes. I drilled small holes and use plastic anchors with screws sticking out.

Your other choice is 2 Cup hooks in the eves and fish line for a 2 point mount

17 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Will the hot glue come off and does it damage the siding 

Whenever you use adhesive or caulk, test on an inconspicuous area first and see how well it adheres and whether it will be easy to remove.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Whenever you use adhesive or caulk, test on an inconspicuous area first and see how well it adheres and whether it will be easy to remove.

I was hoping he already tried it, but what you say goes with anything. Cleaners adhesives, paint etc. I made a frame to clip in to HC pvc clips. I put the clips in areas hard to see but the spacing is so far the pvc just flops around. Not sure it will hold up to a good gust of wind. Like right now I am at my sons. Tree blew down into his house. 

That’s how I mounted my pvc window outlines. holiday Coro clips mounted to J channel. set up and tear down is a BREEEZZZEEE

Anyone try these out before?

Vinyl Siding Screws Clips Hook - 18 Pack Heavy Duty No-Hole Needed Siding Screws Stainless Steel Hanger for Outdoor Mount Home Security Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H8MV4QG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_dZQSFbGS0SZEK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have not. That’s cool to hang it anywhere like that. Basically the same way I do, but I only hang where the j channel is. This is cool.

I use binder clips clamped to the J mold and then hang the prop from the metal handle using zip ties or string. Read on her from someone else used them for something else and I tried this. My snowflakes are still on my house even after 100km winds last night.