Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd controller help

scott P

Running mini director, TSO with three controllers, last year ran only 1 controller last year. This year decided to add 2 singing trees Ralphie, and ZuZu. Also added 2 controller to my show, everything works.  But the 2nd controller makes the lights seem as an after effect. Just blink on occasion and really too much like just back up lights to the show. The controllers came pre set  controller1 is running front of the house, and yard. Controller 2 is set to play side yard   Just in test mode trying to figure how I want the lights to dance   Plug 1-6 is all I am using in test. They come on very seldom and just flash   Wondering if preset controllers could be set wrong. How do I check and change com setting?

thanks scott

• 3 weeks later...

A word of caution. You say the controllers all came "preset". LOR typically presets all controllers to unit ID=01. You need to make sure the unit IDs are different for the controllers, and that the sequencing also uses the proper unit IDs. And pixel controllers have multiple IDs. If you have a Pixie4, for example, and set its ID to 03, then you have actually used IDs 03, 04, 05 and 06. So the next one should be set to ID 07.

Hope that helps.

On 11/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, scott P said:

Running mini director, TSO with three controllers, last year ran only 1 controller last year. This year decided to add 2 singing trees Ralphie, and ZuZu. Also added 2 controller to my show, everything works.  But the 2nd controller makes the lights seem as an after effect. Just blink on occasion and really too much like just back up lights to the show. The controllers came pre set  controller1 is running front of the house, and yard. Controller 2 is set to play side yard   Just in test mode trying to figure how I want the lights to dance   Plug 1-6 is all I am using in test. They come on very seldom and just flash   Wondering if preset controllers could be set wrong. How do I check and change com setting?

thanks scott

Scott

You change unit ID's in the hardware Utility, lower left corner, make sure it is the only one connected when you change the ID.

Keith

If the controllers HAVE SWITCHES, They take priority at power up, even if you used HU.

Those devices (Pixies) will allow you to set the ID to 0, which indicates the HU will set the ID and it will stick.