Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR-II 16 Ribbon Pixie Mega Tree Kit Help

GOTOTHIS

Hello. I am thinking about buying this kit. It doesn't look like they include a topper, pole or any type of holders for the ribbons. What do people use to support the ribbons if I want all 16 ribbons facing the road? I don't want a round tree, I was going to hang from a single point and spread them out flat, facing one direction. Also, am I the only one that feels like the LOR online store needs a facelift, I feel like I am buying stuff circa 2002. 

I use a 1/2 trampoline for my base- easy to find an old one

1/2” EMT conduit for mount the ribbons on

I have a FAST pole now that winches everything to the top but prior to that I made a wood frame and I noticed on it as time went on.

if you can place it on your house you can get some Holidaycoro clips and secure them to your house and just snap them in place.

JR

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I use a 1/2 trampoline for my base- easy to find an old one

1/2” EMT conduit for mount the ribbons on

I have a FAST pole now that winches everything to the top but prior to that I made a wood frame and I noticed on it as time went on.

if you can place it on your house you can get some Holidaycoro clips and secure them to your house and just snap them in place.

JR

Do you zip tie the ribbons to the conduit?

15 minutes ago, GOTOTHIS said:

Yes. you can do that. That’s what most people do. 

I wouldn’t kill it. You just need to hold it there, not choke it out 🤣 so don’t tighten the zip up too hard. 

11 hours ago, GOTOTHIS said:

Micro bungees (~3/16", SOLD IN 6 PACKS) may work, and the add some constant  tension. Just plan on only a season or 2, but they are cheap.

Would velcro work? The kind the has the hook on one side and the loop on the other, can't think what it called now. I have use it to hold lights on window frames and lights in a tree. I love it because its adjustable, flexible, reusable and I cut it to the length I need. I have been using the same velcro strips to hold bundles of lights together and to objects for 8 years now. Some of them are getting brittle from the dry heat here in the desert, but at least its easy to replace.

Just my two cents

13 minutes ago, Daryl said:

Would velcro work? The kind the has the hook on one side and the loop on the other, can't think what it called now. I have use it to hold lights on window frames and lights in a tree. I love it because its adjustable, flexible, reusable and I cut it to the length I need. I have been using the same velcro strips to hold bundles of lights together and to objects for 8 years now. Some of them are getting brittle from the dry heat here in the desert, but at least its easy to replace.

Just my two cents

Zip ties are the easiest and most affordable and reliable for various weather conditions. My zipties were 4 years old. I cut them when I replaced my 2 - 10' sections of emt per ccr ribbon to one 20' piece of emt. Now they will be on there until the ribbons die.

The zipties outlasted the emt couplings. The couple got brittle and started breaking last year while taking down the tree.

JR

JR

Edited by dibblejr

18 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Zip ties are the easiest and most affordable and reliable for various weather conditions. My zipties were 4 years old. I cut them when I replaced my 2 - 10' sections of emt per ccr ribbon to one 20' piece of emt. Now they will be on there until the ribbons die.

The zipties outlasted the emt couplings. The couple got brittle and started breaking last year while taking down the tree.

JR

JR

Did you use white or black zip ties?   White tend to break down after a few years because they aren't UV protected.  The black ones I use are UV protected and have outlasted some of my stuff that fell apart and damaged by the sun, but those black zip ties were still as tight and strong as the day I installed them.  Some of them still on things I have tied them with outside for well over 6 years now.  Where as white ones broke and fell apart within 2-4 years depending on whether they were in areas that were partially shaded or not.

4 hours ago, Orville said:

Did you use white or black zip ties?   White tend to break down after a few years because they aren't UV protected.  The black ones I use are UV protected and have outlasted some of my stuff that fell apart and damaged by the sun, but those black zip ties were still as tight and strong as the day I installed them.  Some of them still on things I have tied them with outside for well over 6 years now.  Where as white ones broke and fell apart within 2-4 years depending on whether they were in areas that were partially shaded or not.

Always black

I think you misread my reply.

As you see I am a fan of zip ties. I cut mine after 4 years. 

The zip ties out lasted the emt conduit couplings which started breaking. I replaced the 10' sections and couplings with a long 20' emt section therefore I had to cut them. I don't use reusable zip ties for my ccr tree.

JR

On 11/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, xtremeone said:

Hey,

I performed a search and am having trouble finding the steps to create a second network using a 2nd LOR HS(red) adapter to run 2 Pixie 16 boards. Currently running 1 HS (red) adapter and a DMX 1.31 network.  Just need to get the 2nd network set up.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Randy Martin said:

Prep

Open the device Windows manager: Note which COM#'s appear (one of these may be you first network: Mark the adapter w/ COM and LOR name

Now plug in the new adapter: Note and Mark that with the COM# it just added.

LOR time 🙂 Right click the LOR Tray bulb: Network Preferences: Set the next unused LOR net name, to the new COM# Set the speed (500 or 1M)Set Enhanced

This is the sam place you set DMX, but I am little help with that 🤕