Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie and about to lose my mind!!

awheeler

Hi everyone!  I am new to this.....  We a have 48 channel (3 boxes) light o rama system.  I went to buy a sequence from someone, for Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas, and I was assured it was for 48 channels.  My brother in law is trying to help us set up our show, and he informed me that I was sold the wrong thing.  I feel so stupid, but I thought I asked all of the correct questions..... apparently I didn't.  We do not have any singing faces.  It is just a bunch of lights, homemade lighted trees, etc.  Does anyone have that sequence with the music that they would be willing to share?  I completely understand if not, but I just wanted to ask on here. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

Will you send the link to the sequence you bought?

you could take a 16 channel and make it 100 channels just depending on the props. 

16 hours ago, awheeler said:

Hi everyone!  I am new to this.....  We a have 48 channel (3 boxes) light o rama system.  I went to buy a sequence from someone, for Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas, and I was assured it was for 48 channels.  My brother in law is trying to help us set up our show, and he informed me that I was sold the wrong thing.  I feel so stupid, but I thought I asked all of the correct questions..... apparently I didn't.  We do not have any singing faces.  It is just a bunch of lights, homemade lighted trees, etc.  Does anyone have that sequence with the music that they would be willing to share?  I completely understand if not, but I just wanted to ask on here. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

Sharing music is frowned upon here. Please do not ask anyone to share music or other work, purchased of free.

Where did you buy the sequence? 

How many channels did you get? In this hobby almost no one will have an identical display as yours. there is always work to be done with any sequence unless and only if you stick with the LOR sequences and leave everything as is in teh setup. Even then you still have to put the lights up to your taste.

And if you search the Sequence Sharing section here on this forum you will find that James and I do share it and it will have plenty of channels for you to sort through,

JR

Edited by dibblejr

As JR pointed out, we all tend to roll our own displays.

One thing I think folk that are starting should do, is look at the CHART on LOR's sequence page. This is what channels their sequences expect (not all allow you to change).

They have those that are the basic (16 AC ?), then add more for accent. Then the are those for Dumb (DC) for Color floods and more accents, and there are SMART RGB effects.

With upper end Showtime, there is no reason to NOT use their plan and be ready if you do BUY sequences (those tend to be locked) or share

OTOH this may not work for YOUR odd shaped canvas 🙄 (Walkways, Drives, Trees, house, Levels (jealous of those w/2 stories 😛)

You may need to avoid/limit cables crossing certain areas.

Take and print (nothing fancy)  big photos . Mark them up with your ideas. stare at them and see if you spot issues (NO POWER. High Traffic (trip hazard). Frequently floods  ADJUST (and order mor LOR controllers, because what you have won't fit the realities  of Cable length limits [seems to be a big oversight for 1st time Pixie buyers] )