Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I test my lights besides using the hardware utility?

caleb10909

Hey guys, please have patience with my noobiness here.

I have a control box set up with just one string of lights addressed to Unit 1, however when I was in the hardware utility to test them, sometimes only 4-5 of them would come on and they were acting very funny, then that lead to me oh well I will just try to test all of them in the sequencer. However, I know how to disable controlling the lights to previz but how can I control the lights to test them in the sequencer? or even control them at all live? (Please again I beg for patience!)

Here is the message that comes up: 

451ec7c0f88b7b847ac98cc963217f7c.png

On 11/10/2020 at 7:39 PM, caleb10909 said:

I have a control box set up with just one string of lights addressed to Unit 1, however when I was in the hardware utility to test them, sometimes only 4-5 of them would come on and they were acting very funny, then that lead to me oh well I will just try to test all of them in the sequencer. However, I know how to disable controlling the lights to previz but how can I control the lights to test them in the sequencer? or even control them at all live? (Please again I beg for patience!)

Are you using a basic CTB16PC G3 Controller?  Or is this an RGB Controller?   As far as I'm aware Motion Effects are only for RGB Controllers and RGB Lights.   So the pop up is telling you if you have motion effects in the sequence {ME Rows}, you need to delete them if using an AC Controller like the CTB16PC, then perhaps you can get past that error message and the sequence will work.

On 11/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, caleb10909 said:

That same message plaques PhilMassey and I as he was helping me.

We ended up deleting the prop since all of my networks were indeed set up correctly.

It worked after I rebuilt the prop.

if you are on .08 you may want to upgrade to the most recent update.

JR

According to your forum profile, you have an Advanced class LOR software license, however your screen capture shows a Pro level license.  Please update your forum profile as many answers depend on what software version and license level you have.

The error message is saying that you have props that are using Motion Effects over a non-Enhanced LOR network.  No problem having Motion Effects with your Pro level license.  However in order to play Motion Effects, the LOR network MUST be set in Network Preferences to Enhanced.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Are you using a basic CTB16PC G3 Controller?  Or is this an RGB Controller?   As far as I'm aware Motion Effects are only for RGB Controllers and RGB Lights.   So the pop up is telling you if you have motion effects in the sequence {ME Rows}, you need to delete them if using an AC Controller like the CTB16PC, then perhaps you can get past that error message and the sequence will work.

I blew up his image: It said Pixie (and there were 8 ports showing). I am staying with  S4S5 is just too different

24 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I blew up his image: It said Pixie (and there were 8 ports showing). I am staying with  S4S5 is just too different

Okay, didn't know what Controller the OP had, so was doing a best guess as to what the pop up said.  Since most when using a single controller is, most often one of the AC types/

And I agree with you on S4.   S5 is just as you say, so different and can get quite daunting at times.