Light-O-Rama Forums

Already Overwhelmed - How to Fire Up Controller w/ Singing Trees?

Austinite

So after lurking for years watching sales come and go, I finally bit and ordered over Labor Day. I spoke to an LOR rep who recommended a "simple" system with a 16 channel starter package to power 3 singing trees. Maybe that's where I went wrong, but I am all kinds of confused on trying to get this software to do much of anything. At this point, I am absolutely fine purchasing a ready-made sequence with a motionpack for the trees--but what I can't tell before I do that is will it all just "work?" I thought the S5 software would be easier to work with than what I've seen so far in just trying to test the trees' faces. 😖

I am just looking to get the singing trees doing a few songs along with some various light sets/areas of the yard, nothing too fancy this year since I will never figure this out before the holidays and I need to get out there hanging stuff ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help on what I should be doing!

Edited by Austinite

The 16 channel starter package DOES work with singing trees - the AC channel singing trees. They probably recommended the simpler non-pixel system if this is your first year. If you want the singing trees specifically from LOR's website, those come with their own pixel controllers called CCR-IIs. 

On 11/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Austinite said:

So after lurking for years watching sales come and go, I finally bit and ordered over Labor Day. I spoke to an LOR rep who recommended a "simple" system with a 16 channel starter package to power 3 singing trees. Maybe that's where I went wrong, but I am all kinds of confused on trying to get this software to do much of anything. At this point, I am absolutely fine purchasing a ready-made sequence with a motionpack for the trees--but what I can't tell before I do that is will it all just "work?" I thought the S5 software would be easier to work with than what I've seen so far in just trying to test the trees' faces. 😖

I am just looking to get the singing trees doing a few songs along with some various light sets/areas of the yard, nothing too fancy this year since I will never figure this out before the holidays and I need to get out there hanging stuff ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help on what I should be doing!

We James and I have plenty of free sequences including my trees to keep you occupied for several years. Visit the Sequence Sharing section.

JR

• Like 1

Aubrey is right, maybe it will help us to help you if you tell us exactly what singing trees you purchased. The 16 channel AC controller will control 2 of the traditional 8 channel trees if those are the ones you bought. I didn't think LOR sold trees controlled by the LOR  AC controller, I thought their trees were RGB. 

Waiting on more info, Keith

1 hour ago, Kapkirk said:

Aubrey is right, maybe it will help us to help you if you tell us exactly what singing trees you purchased. The 16 channel AC controller will control 2 of the traditional 8 channel trees if those are the ones you bought. I didn't think LOR sold trees controlled by the LOR  AC controller, I thought their trees were RGB. 

Waiting on more info, Keith

Yes , i her opening post that is exactly what she eluded to. However if she only purchased 1 she will only get 2 - 8 channel trees.

I think she has been reading the sequence store and is confused thinking the motion packs are for normal LED trees.

*** OP LOR does not sell any face sequences or motion packs for the normal singing trees. 

I guess time will tell and maybe my answers will generate a response.

JR

3 hours ago, Aubrey said:

The 16 channel starter package DOES work with singing trees - the AC channel singing trees. They probably recommended the simpler non-pixel system if this is your first year. If you want the singing trees specifically from LOR's website, those come with their own pixel controllers called CCR-IIs. 

The LOR Site shows the Controllers labeled as CCC-II, but they are actually Pixie2 Controllers.  What the manuals that came with the 2 LOR Singing Trees I bought stated was an assortment of RGB Controllers, but I don't recall seeing CCC-II or CCR-II listed as a controller, just Pixie, Pixie 2, Pixie2D and a couple others I don't recall at the moment.   Can't check as I've misplaced BOTH my manuals at the moment, which is driving me crazy.  I KNOW where I put them, I'm positive of that, but when I went to find them, only found the manual for my G4 Director, which the RGB manuals should have been with the Director manual!   Another weird mystery to solve....where did my singing tree manuals disappear to?  And how?

Edited by Orville

The CCR-II and Pixie II controllers are the same thing. The names have evolved overtime and I might still be thinking it's listed as the original name from when it first released. Moral of the store, it has two ports - that's what's important to know. LOR does not sell AC channel singing trees (but other vendors do and you can use standard 16 channel LOR controllers with them). LOR's trees are all pixels - that's what the motion paks control.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:12 PM, dibblejr said:

Yes , i her opening post that is exactly what she eluded to. However if she only purchased 1 she will only get 2 - 8 channel trees.

I think she has been reading the sequence store and is confused thinking the motion packs are for normal LED trees.

*** OP LOR does not sell any face sequences or motion packs for the normal singing trees. 

I guess time will tell and maybe my answers will generate a response.

JR

Wow, I totally missed all of these responses! I purchased the singing trees from the LOR website--Felix, Ralphie and Elden. They each have the separate controllers.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, Aubrey said:

The CCR-II and Pixie II controllers are the same thing. The names have evolved overtime and I might still be thinking it's listed as the original name from when it first released. Moral of the store, it has two ports - that's what's important to know. LOR does not sell AC channel singing trees (but other vendors do and you can use standard 16 channel LOR controllers with them). LOR's trees are all pixels - that's what the motion paks control.

Very sorry to have missed all of these responses, thank you to all! I've reached the point of setup that I have to do a go/no go on the LOR as I've still been having trouble with the software to get a sequence loaded/working that I've received from some helpful folks out there. I am fine with purchasing from the LOR site with a motion pack, but still unclear how all that gets with the software and I make it actually work.

Here's the message I'm getting? Purchased a sequence, music and motionpak from the LOR store. Anyone know what this means? Nothing happens with the tree I have hooked up to test it out...

IMG_2758 copy.jpg

I think you need to add the Singing Tree{s} to your S5 preview, or I don't think you're ever going to see it function without doing so first.   At least that's what I get from the message you posted as to why its not working.

Edited by Orville