Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR II tree storage ideas

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

This will be our first year with a CCR tree. I'm using the LOR CCR-II 16 tree kit. We got it up last night and i had the strips mounted to 1/2 PVC pipe, basically the same setup as Brian Bruderer has in his video on his Superstar lights website. Now that we have the center pole, mounting bracket and RGB star all attached I don't want to have to take it apart again. Other than for any pixel repairs. 

My brother in law and I had thought about coming up with a ceiling mounting system in my garage but the ceiling is at least 10' tall. Now that we know the weight of this thing all put together we realize trying to lift it up that high using ladders will be very difficult. 

So to everyone that has a CCR tree and uses a center post and PVC pipe to attach the ribbons to how do you store yours? 

My wife and I are planning a me getting/having a new shed built and I have told her I really need it to be about 16' wide by about 24' long. I am thinking of having one wall be pretty much dedicated to hanging this CCR tree on it's side. But I'd like to others ideas and thoughts. 

OK, gotta get back outside and get more things setup. 😄

Thanks everyone,

Al

9 minutes ago, Al Saunders said:

Hi Everyone,

This will be our first year with a CCR tree. I'm using the LOR CCR-II 16 tree kit. We got it up last night and i had the strips mounted to 1/2 PVC pipe, basically the same setup as Brian Bruderer has in his video on his Superstar lights website. Now that we have the center pole, mounting bracket and RGB star all attached I don't want to have to take it apart again. Other than for any pixel repairs. 

My brother in law and I had thought about coming up with a ceiling mounting system in my garage but the ceiling is at least 10' tall. Now that we know the weight of this thing all put together we realize trying to lift it up that high using ladders will be very difficult. 

So to everyone that has a CCR tree and uses a center post and PVC pipe to attach the ribbons to how do you store yours? 

My wife and I are planning a me getting/having a new shed built and I have told her I really need it to be about 16' wide by about 24' long. I am thinking of having one wall be pretty much dedicated to hanging this CCR tree on it's side. But I'd like to others ideas and thoughts. 

OK, gotta get back outside and get more things setup. 😄

Thanks everyone,

Al

I take mine apart and I hang my conduit with CCR above the garage door. I take it through one garage door and up to the PVC hanging system I made. 

The rack I made is divided in to 2 sections to keep to much weight from sagging. Ive been doing that for 4 years.

I use screws to connect the elbows so I can take one side off to insert and remove the strands and then screw them back on once done.

The rest of it gets stored outside in a 3" PVC sleeve I mad that hangs on my fence just to keep the majority of weather off it.

Very simple and affordable to make.

Shoot me a PM with your cell and O can make a short video if interested.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi JR.

Thanks for the reply and info. You've helped me before and I have your phone number. I'll text you sp you can send me that video when you get the chance. 

Thanks,

Al

27 minutes ago, Al Saunders said:

Hi JR.

Thanks for the reply and info. You've helped me before and I have your phone number. I'll text you sp you can send me that video when you get the chance. 

Thanks,

Al

No problem.

JR