Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Help

Travis

I installed my purchased version 1.6.15 and everythig installed .

I ran the hardware utility, fired up the control panel, ran the sequence editor at least once.

then I downloaded the S2 upgrade version 2.0.16 and went to try and install it, but when I click on it to install the upgrade I get a popup that says " LORupgrade 2.0.16.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

So can any one tell how to fix this problem ?

Thanks

Travis

Travis wrote:

I ran the hardware utility, fired up the control panel, ran the sequence editor at least once.

then I downloaded the S2 upgrade version 2.0.16 and went to try and install it, but when I click on it to install the upgrade I get a popup that says " LORupgrade 2.0.16.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

So can any one tell how to fix this problem ?

Thanks

Travis

The standard fix is updating Windows Media Player to version 9 or better.

Travis wrote:

Travis, this sounds unrelated to the fact that you did or did not install the previous version correctly. Windows applications (the installer in this case) will most often give that message when the file is corrupt. My bet is that the file you downloaded is corrupt, so delete it and download it again. The file size for 2.0.16 EXE installer should appear as approximately 24,496 KB in the Windows file manager. See if this is about the size of the file you have now. At any rate, download again.

One of the biggest reasons that download files become corrupt is impatience... maybe not in your case. If you run the downloaded file too quickly, you can probably get this error because windows is still in the process of assembling it from a temporary file folder to the destination location you indicated. Wait about 30 seconds after downloading and ensure you see the application's icon before running the program. Do you see the icon?

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Travis wrote:

Oh but Dennis, he is not even getting that far. WMP is usually the problem when the sequencer gives an error while trying to run it. Travis seems to be having trouble with the installer. At that point, the InstallShield installer does not know about WMP.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Dennis Cherry wrote:
Travis wrote:

Oh but Dennis, he is not even getting that far. WMP is usually the problem when the sequencer gives an error while trying to run it. Travis seems to be having trouble with the installer. At that point, the InstallShield installer does not know about WMP.

Understand, I thought that it checked WMP during installation.

Try going to Windows Update and see if you have all the latest Service Packs and Update files. Perhaps there is a missing .dll.

-Evan

I agree with Richard about the install file itself being corupted, it does happen on downloads from time to time. Just remember to delete the original downloaded file first, and then try it again. This used to drive me crazy on large downloads and slow connections.

Travis wrote:

Thanks guys,
I downloaded the S2 upgrade again, and it installed perfectly.so all is good.

Great! I expected that result. Glad to hear you got things moving along. Now get busy !!! :P