Light-O-Rama Forums

channel property grid

billc

From a prior post by Reg Wertz:

The LOR channel configuration file is an XML document (LOR II only). Newer versions of [highlight= rgb(255, 255, 136);]Excel[/highlight] can open this format. You just need to save a copy of your channel configuration, change the file extension from ".lcc" to “.xml”, and open it with [highlight= rgb(255, 255, 136);]Excel[/highlight].

When I did this, the channel info was in columns K – P (you may need to scroll down near the last row to find the values).

Don’t risk messing up an existing LOR file. Copy or save a separate file to do this.

I was able to get the info into Excel and do my changes, but when when I went to save it as an xml file. It told me that the XML maps in the workbook aren not exportable.

I'm using LOR II and Excel 2007.

Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

I have alot of changes to my channel configuration and want to move some channels from one bord to another, and re arange the order of the controllers so it will be eaiser to do my sequencing.

I am able to make changes in excel and save it but I'm not able to put it back into an XML format. I have been searching for an XML table editor but haven't found one yet that is easy like Excel is.

I don't think it's a good idea to use Excel to edit sequence files.

Yes, the sequence files are XML, and yes, Excel understands XML, but all this really means is that Excel understands the sequence files well enough to display their contents to you. It does not mean that Excel understands what the sequence files mean.

If you directly edit the XML, using Excel or anything else, it is very easy to make a change which will render the file incomprehensible to Light-O-Rama. And even if LOR still comprehends it, it may "comprehend" it in a way that wasn't what you intended.

Please be very, very careful if you do something like this. Make absolutely sure that you have an unmodified backup copy, and test everything about your sequence, not just the part that you meant to change.