Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween: Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede (Ooga Chaka)

hasslerk

Here is my take on "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede (aka the "Ooga Chaka" song).  Most would recognize this song from The Guardians of the Galaxy, but I also remember it as the dancing baby (google it) song from the old TV drama Ally McBeal (yes I am old).  This song was enjoyed by young and old alike, and I could hear the laughs coming from the cars and people singing along.  Since this is my first year (2020) really using pixels, I found I had to set the intensity to 10% just to be able to record this video without over saturation.  Hope you enjoy it!

View the video on YouTube here: Hooked on a Feeling

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dgrant said:

I like it! Very creative using multiple singing props and of course, the song is a favorite. Good Job!

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, sonnymal said:

Very nice.  I'm new here.  Where did you get the talking pumpkin?

Welcome to the hobby (or obsession).

The large coro pumpkin (46"x46") came from HolidayCoro.com (https://www.holidaycoro.com/Singing-Pumpkin-p/17.htm).  I have it mounted on a 2x4 frame painted black.  I used M6 sized LED bulbs from Holiday Light Express.  It is controlled by 8 channels of a 16 channel LOR CTB16PC.  The other 8 non-singing pumpkins (also from HolidayCoro) use the other 8 channels of that controller.  As for making it sing, that was all me, using LOR S5 sequencing software, with the show run from a LOR G3-MP3 Director.

If you have other questions (which you will) please do not hesitate to ask.  There are lots of friends out here willing to help on any issue, and there is a plethora of information already available out here in the forums.

Thanks,  Kurt! 

Can it use the RGB smart bullet pixels,  too?   I take it that the light bulbs are from HolidayCoro, also?

I'm so glad I ran into this forum!

7 minutes ago, sonnymal said:

Thanks,  Kurt! 

Can it use the RGB smart bullet pixels,  too?   I take it that the light bulbs are from HolidayCoro, also?

Holiday Coro sells the RGB equivalents of their singing pumpkin however you would need either a smart or dumb RGB controller.

You can get the RGB nodes anywhere based on either you buy nodes without pigtails and solder your own or you buy or build a controller with pigtails of your choice and buy pixels with the correct pigtails.

Xconnect are the safe bet if you build your own or willing to change pigtails off a pre made controller. It is very simple to build your own and or change the terminal lugs.

Just ask and I can let you in on my build series. I will be making a new video soon of the entire non stop controller build. As of now there are 14 - 1-1:30 minute videos because ether member I made them For wanted text.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

42 minutes ago, sonnymal said:

HolidayCoro RGB one is here: https://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-Singing-Pumpkin-Face-p/17rgb.htm

My AC-controlled LED light strings came from Holiday Light Express.  As JR stated, you can buy lights from wherever you want.  If using LED strings, I would stay away from using ones from the big box stores as my "early years" experience is they do not last.

It is early in the year...if you plan to jump straight to using RGB pixels you probably should start experimenting and becoming familiar with the tools now.  Again, lots of good detail and people out here to help.

If going RGB, check out https://boscoyostudio.com/ and https://gilbertengineeringusa.com/ for props.  My singing pixel bulbs came from Boscoyo.

Edited by hasslerk
added other prop vendors

16 minutes ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

Hasslerk, where are you getting your faces for this?

I sequenced it.  I originally sequenced it using my five singing LED string Christmas trees in early 2020.  Then for the Halloween show, since I was adding the 4 pixel bulbs (now 6) I copied the sequence over to my Halloween preview.  Except for one spot in the song, the pixel bulbs were basically operated just like the LED string trees.  This was really my first jump into pixels.  Between Halloween and Thanksgiving I did a lot of experimenting and learned a lot which I think you can see the result of in my Christmas videos.