Light-O-Rama Forums

Brand Newb and wanna get two singing tree faces up. Help and guidance appreciated.

Rhizzlebop

9 hours ago, Rhizzlebop said:

Well, that was brief.  I installed the software, registered and opened it, and click "new" to start ...umm something, and nothing happens.  It wants me to OPEN a sequence, but i havnt yet created a sequence.  what siliness am I doing wrong?

thanks

Since you're using S5 it's a bit different than previous versions before S5.  But I do believe before you can even create a sequence you have to set up all your lights, controllers and props in the preview area before you can do much else.   Otherwise, when you click new and tell it to create a musical or animation sequence, it should, if you selected musical, ask you to load an MP3 music file to go with the sequence you're wanting to create.    I'm playing around with S5 on another system I have to try and figure it out.   But I do find it daunting and very confusing to get things done in it.   S4 is much easier, only because it's simpler to figure out {or at least I think so}.

So if you keep having issues trying to create new sequences or get things set up, I'd suggest you uninstall S5 and look at S4.4.10 for this year, it may be easier for you to get a grasp on S4 over S5's way of doing things.   Especially this late in the season.

Just a suggestion, you decide on which version may be right for you at this time.  But it might be something to look at, just in case.

Edited by Orville

5 hours ago, Orville said:

Since you're using S5 it's a bit different than previous versions before S5.  But I do believe before you can even create a sequence you have to set up all your lights, controllers and props in the preview area before you can do much else.   Otherwise, when you click new and tell it to create a musical or animation sequence, it should, if you selected musical, ask you to load an MP3 music file to go with the sequence you're wanting to create.    I'm playing around with S5 on another system I have to try and figure it out.   But I do find it daunting and very confusing to get things done in it.   S4 is much easier, only because it's simpler to figure out {or at least I think so}.

So if you keep having issues trying to create new sequences or get things set up, I'd suggest you uninstall S5 and look at S4.4.10 for this year, it may be easier for you to get a grasp on S4 over S5's way of doing things.   Especially this late in the season.

Just a suggestion, you decide on which version may be right for you at this time.  But it might be something to look at, just in case.

Thank you.  I have no desire to work with more complex software.  I had found a tutorial series on youtube but they are either using a different version or started after the initial steps.  
I am downloading version 4 more, the latest one on light o ramas site, and will install that and see if it makes more sense.  What I'm doing almost for sure does not need S5.   I'll see how this goes.

57 minutes ago, Rhizzlebop said:

Thank you.  I have no desire to work with more complex software.  I had found a tutorial series on youtube but they are either using a different version or started after the initial steps.  
I am downloading version 4 more, the latest one on light o ramas site, and will install that and see if it makes more sense.  What I'm doing almost for sure does not need S5.   I'll see how this goes.

Yes, you will want the latest S4 , it is very stable. Actually S4 has been very stable for years they are not really supporting it any more but they do make improvements to keep up with the latest of LOR technology.

If you need help, I give free zoom classes but they will not start back up until after my show comes down in January.

JR

If your going to ask for my sequences put in post no pixel i will take them out mine are set up for 2 led faces 9 min tree led spiral tree led outline house led

On 11/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, Rhizzlebop said:

S4

1- Open SE

2- New

3- New Musical Sequence

4- Select the song

5- If you select the defaults on the next page I believe it is set for 8 channels about midway down the page. 

6- Change 8 to 16

7- I do not use any of the wizzards on the bottom left

8- Bottom right select "Some other value and type in 0.05. You will want this for faces

9- Fixed Grid 

10- OK

11- Your sequence will open up a grid

12- this is where things can be tricky but all should work as set by factory Unit ID 1

12a- right click on the channel (grey) buttons on the left of the grid. Select "change name". Each one of the faces will have channel names to help identify what they are

you will also want to select a color in this screen this will def help you sort things. Give every button a different color.

the first 4 will be the same no matter where you get your sequences

1- Outline

2- Open Eyes

3- Closed Eyes

4- top lip/ upper lip

5- the bottom you will name for whichever you want

Just remember whatever you call them that is the port those lights must be connected to at the controller level.

mine are -

5 - Vowel/ E mouth

6- O , Oh mouth

7- Mid Lip

8- Bottom Lip

Others all use the same where the Mid lip is # 5, the Bottom # 6 , O is # 7 and the Vowel is number 8.

As far as producing your own faces, well thats pretty difficult starting out but after the holidays I will start my free zoom classes back up. You are invited to attend.

*****- LOR singing face sequences will not work with the LED faces. 

13- If using a shared sequence

14- Open that sequence

15- Put your curser in the very top left small grid

16- Drag the curser straight down to the last grid

17- Right Click within the outline that should be around those grids

18- Select "Rows"

19- You should see the entire sequence encased by the frame

20- Right click any where in the box

21- select "copy"

22- go to your blank sequence and paste starting at the very left top grid

If you happen to get one of James or my face sequences the layout will be different, as mentioned above. 

If you need assistance with faces feel free to PM me and I will get you pointed in the right direction.

Hope this helps you a little;

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 11/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, Rhizzlebop said:

You are really close in Columbia to one of my friends. Perhaps if you go check out his display he can walk you through the singing face stuff. I will ask him and if so will PM you his UN and you can chat with him. He is a member of our sequencing team.

3 hours ago, james morris said:

If your going to ask for my sequences put in post no pixel i will take them out mine are set up for 2 led faces 9 min tree led spiral tree led outline house led

HI James, my apologies, I'm brand new here. I'm learning rapidly what to do, and what to say and hopefully what to kindly request.   I would appreciate it if you'd share sequences with me sir.    Correct, NO pixel (I barely know what that is).   I just have 2 8 channel faces, basic LED faces I'm building.   Not sure what you meant by "9 min tree".  Outside of the 2 faces, all my other lights are just static.  I appreciate anything you'll share.

My email is  MIchaelrrhodes@gmail.com    

I assure you with my being that I will not share, claim, sell, or do anything with your  sequences than try to get my 2 little garage faces working with a few songs. 

Thank you SO SO much.

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are really close in Columbia to one of my friends. Perhaps if you go check out his display he can walk you through the singing face stuff. I will ask him and if so will PM you his UN and you can chat with him. He is a member of our sequencing team.

That would be great and much appreciated!!!    I know theres a house with 2 faces  or maybe 4 now in my old neighborhood in Irmo, and another home in Lexington that does a great display but not sure if they have faces.