Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware & windows 10 “Save as”

everett johnson

Cannot get firmware with right click to allow “save as” in windows 10. I’m doing something wrong in trying instructions shown below. I’m using Chrome as my browser. Please Help, step by step?

A special note about downloading and Windows 10: If you are using the Windows 10 Edge browser you might not have a ‘Save Target As…’ option when right clicking a link. We recommend using another browser, including Internet Explorer. Open the Windows 10 search box, enter ‘Internet Explorer’, it will be shown as a ‘Desktop app’ and that’s the one to pick. Return to the Light-O-Rama website and you can now use the mouse right click ‘Save Target as…’

Edited by everett johnson

I'm on Windows 10 and although I don't normally use Chrome, I started it and went to the firmware download page.  In FireFox (what I normally use), I just click on the download link and FireFox ask what I want it to do.  When I simply clicked on the link, it downloaded the file to my Downloads directory, but I could also Right click on it and Chrome will bring up a popup that includes Save Link As.

In Chrome, you can also see what the download setting by going to Settings > Advanced > Downloads

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. Go to the webpage where you want to download the file.
  3. Save the file:
    • Most files: Click on the download link. Or, right-click on the file and choose Save as.
    • Videos: Point to the video. Click Download Download. If you can't do this action, the video's owner or hosting site has prevented downloads.
    • PDFs: Right-click on the file and choose Save Link As.
    • Webpages: At the top right, click More More and then More Tools and then Save Page As.
  4. If asked, choose where you want to save the file, then click Save.
    • Executable files (.exe, .dll, .bat): If you trust the file, confirm by clicking Save. If you're not sure about the contents of the download, click Discard.
  5. When the download finishes, you'll see it at the bottom of your Chrome window. Click the file name to open it.

To find a file on your computer, next to the filename, click the Down arrow Down arrow and then Show in folder or More 더보기 and then Show in Finder. The files you've downloaded are also listed on your Downloads page.

Default download locations

If you didn't change your default download location, then Google Chrome downloads files to the following locations:

• Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista: \Users\<username>\Downloads