Light-O-Rama Forums

What To Do In Between Sequences

Guest guest

Guest guest

What should I do between sequences. I have heard the word "static show" what dose Static show mean.. Say I play the nutcracker and the Carol of the Bells, what can I do in between these sequences so that the traffic can deplete a bit.

Is there a way I can just put all the lights on between sequences :tree:

Thank-you for any help

Guest guest

I usually turn off all the lights except just a few Bush's and the out line of the house kinda like a reset of lights in-between shows.

I don't think the whole display should go off then people might think it is over or a fuse poped or some thing.

This year i will be trying little commercials kinda in-between some songs telling people about my website and happy holidays or what ever ....

Dale L

Guest guest

Dale Leady wrote:

I usually turn off all the lights except just a few Bush's and the out line of the house kinda like a reset of lights in-between shows.

How do you setup the controller to just turn on a few bushes and the outline of the house. Do you just turn on those channels on a separate sequence and put in as part of the show.

Dale Leady wrote:

This year i will be trying little commercials kinda in-between some songs telling people about my website and happy holidays or what ever ....

How would you do that!

Thanks

Guest guest

If you only have 3 or 4 songs traffic should not be a problem. I have five in my show and most people will leave after around the 4th unless they really love the show. The best thing to do is have your normal show and then have a show in reserve for the busy, busy nights. That second show you can cut the songs down to 2 or 3. If this is your first year with LOR feel it out, and play it by ear, so-to-speak.

James

Guest guest

In between songs, you could do a voice-over talking about the display, reminding visitors not to block neighbors' driveways, etc. Plus, it would keep traffic moving (if your display gets a large amount of traffic).

Guest guest

How do you setup the controller to just turn on a few bushes and the outline of the house. Do you just turn on those channels on a separate sequence and put in as part of the show

yes that is exactly how i do it

How would you do that!

just record a wav file and use it just like normal there is no difference of a sound file with you talking on it versus one with a song on it you could even sync it to a small show if you want. I don't plan on sync them just to let people know that show is over for that song i will try to have 16 songs sync this year and use them randomly threw the week (that was the wifes idea)

Dale L

Guest guest

I had this really cool idea for a long time,

Between shows do a voice over about the show, but insteed of the lights just "on" the lights do as you say! Like, we have 5 speakers out here located (lights are on in are of speaker) here, here, here, here and here togeather bringing you THE best in christmas audio. After that, you play a 5 sec classical christmas piece with swelling music and the lights kinda flow along. THEN durring the part you say how manny channels you have like we have 64 Light-O-Rama computerized channels, durring that you do a chase through EVERYTHING to show how many 64 is(64 can be subsituted for you number). Their are lots of diffrent ways to mke your lights react to what you say, I might get around to doing it next year (or this depending on time)

--Daniel L

I run a show non-stop (it isn't intended to sit through the whole show, although some people do). In between every few songs, I play a "commercial" (still synced to lights) which talks about the display, referrs people to our website for more info, and thanks them for coming.

If you want some downtime to "flush" traffic (if traffic is a problem), just insert an animation sequence with the objects you want on turned on in the sequence, and have the sequence be the length of downtime you want. You could also do some slow fades, morphs, etc.

But for me, I like having audio-synced at all times.

-Tim