Jump to content

Control lights not working


Recommended Posts

This is my first year using light o Rama. I have already made a 1 min sequence and I am ready to test it on my lights. I have successfully turned on and off the lights and control them from the hardware utility console without a problem. But every time I try to control the lights to play the show or even test it in the sequence editor to plays but none of the lights turn on. I have watched every video and read every article and can not find anything that can fix my problem. Can anyone help?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you opened up the control panel? The CommListener must be open in order for the control lights option to work. Follow these steps. 


Plug in USB dongle and hook up controller 

Launch Control Panel

Open Sequencer 

Uncheck Control Lights if checked. 

Check Control Lights 
 


You should be golden now if not let me know  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note here, the HU is a back door to test a controller and lights, the HU will operate WITHOUT the Control panel operating, however, the Sequencer requires Control Panel to be loaded and working.   Do you have the LOR Light Bulb icon on the lower right side on your taskbar?  

If no LOR light Bulb icon is there, Control Panel is NOT loaded, and the Sequencer may open and play the audio file, but the lights will not function, even if check lights is checked.  

And did you also set up your Network preferences in the Network configuration program?   If not, you need to do that and it needs to match what's in the Sequencer to function.

 

 

 

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, c7williams said:

Have you opened up the control panel? The CommListener must be open in order for the control lights option to work. Follow these steps. 


Plug in USB dongle and hook up controller 

Launch Control Panel

Open Sequencer 

Uncheck Control Lights if checked. 

Check Control Lights 
 


You should be golden now if not let me know  

 

 

I will definitely try that. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Orville said:

Just a note here, the HU is a back door to test a controller and lights, the HU will operate WITHOUT the Control panel operating, however, the Sequencer requires Control Panel to be loaded and working.   Do you have the LOR Light Bulb icon on the lower right side on your taskbar?  

If no LOR light Bulb icon is there, Control Panel is NOT loaded, and the Sequencer may open and play the audio file, but the lights will not function, even if check lights is checked.  

And did you also set up your Network preferences in the Network configuration program?   If not, you need to do that and it needs to match what's in the Sequencer to function.

 

 

 

How do I match the configuration in the network preferences to the sequencer? I have set up the com and all of that but I can not figure out how to change or see thoes settings in the editor. Also how do I know all the settings in the network preferences are correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, c7williams said:

Have you opened up the control panel? The CommListener must be open in order for the control lights option to work. Follow these steps. 


Plug in USB dongle and hook up controller 

Launch Control Panel

Open Sequencer 

Uncheck Control Lights if checked. 

Check Control Lights 
 


You should be golden now if not let me know  

 

 

I have done all that but it is still not working. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Caden04 said:

I have done all that but it is still not working. 

Then I'm thinking your issue must lie in your unit IDs. What unit ID is the controller set  to? What unit ID do you have set up under your props? They must match. Can you provide some screenshots of the hardware utility as well as your prop definitions?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know 5.x

In 4.x SE, there is a Tool to change Networks and ID for a single sequence. The button is at the bottom of Tools: Channel Configuration: change Controller

That allows you to pick a controller ID (note for Pixies , you need to do this for each PORT ID ) you can use this to simply bulk move an ID from Regular to AuxA (and not change the ID) or you can do both. Be cautious and do NOT ovelay an existing ID-net pairing

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caden04 said:

I have done all that but it is still not working. 

Do you have TeamViewer installed on your computer?

If so, I can remote in and see what is going on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...