Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Floods Grouped as One

DocBrown86

I am able to create different groups with my smart pixels to make it easier to do effects across the entire house with just one setting.

What I am trying to do now is create a similar group using my 8 RGB Floods. I am trying to create a seamless fade up and down but across the yard from left to right, using all 8 floods. I feel like there is probably an easier and better looking way than subdividing a timing area 24 times and trying to crossfade across 8 lights... 

I can't seem to figure it out though. Anyone know how to accomplish this??

I've created a group for them and added motion effect rows!!

Now the next problem... They appear in the preview from left to right. For some reason the far left one always comes on last when moving left to right, or first when moving the other way. I don't have the slightest idea why, the group is set to use the preview for channel layout.

Edited by DocBrown86

If you turn them on individually, are they in the correct order? It sounds like one of them may need to be swapped with the last one.

Take a look at my Arch Group. See how they are in order from 1 to 4? Note the message in bottom right of the screen "Checked items should be ordered left to right".

Make sure your 8 RGB Floods are ordered correctly in your prop definition. 

image.png.894d8c0033d2f60280b0d8391f9b8dbf.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, c7williams said:

Take a look at my Arch Group. See how they are in order from 1 to 4? Note the message in bottom right of the screen "Checked items should be ordered left to right".

Make sure your 8 RGB Floods are ordered correctly in your prop definition. 

image.png.894d8c0033d2f60280b0d8391f9b8dbf.png

That solved it!! Thanks. I had tried Custom and Use Preview to no avail. I haven't messed with the others before, and have no idea how they work. Guess I should read up on that...

Thanks again!!!

1 minute ago, DocBrown86 said:

That solved it!! Thanks. I had tried Custom and Use Preview to no avail. I haven't messed with the others before, and have no idea how they work. Guess I should read up on that...

Thanks again!!!

Awesome! 

Happy Sequencing!