Light-O-Rama Forums

Frustrated, I have 3 16PC-3 Boxes and the 3rd one wont turn off 2 of the outlets

Dave Atarave

I have connected 3 boxes to my house and am having an issue with the third box. 

there are 2 or 3 outlets that will not shut the power down on the lines. 

I have updated the bios on the board to the latest 1.11 and i still can not get the controller box to turn off the power on 2 or 3 of the lines. 

I have even gone into teh advanced config and set all the outlets to on/off then updated the box settings and tried and it will still not turn off the circuits

Edited by Dave Atarave

Agree with Don, definitely sounds like blown triacs on those channels.  And they will require replacing.

if you can solder and do it yourself, you can send in a ticket to the LOR Help Desk and ask them about getting some triacs for your controller, from your vague description it looks like these are CTB16PC Gen 3 Controllers?   As you will need to know EXACTLY which controller you have, and give that info to to the LOR Help Desk so they can get you the correct triac.  Each generation of CTB16PC controller uses different triacs, so you need to get the ones that are specific to your controller.

If you can't solder, depending on the age of the Controller will determine if your controller is still under warranty or if it will cost anything for the repairs, you can then send it back to LOR for them to repair and replace the defective triacs.  But you will pay shipping costs{including under warranty items}, not sure if you pay for both ways {sending and receiving} as I've never sent anything back for repair.   But their repair info is located on their website or used to be.  If anyone knows where that is, hopefully they'll chime in and post a link to it.

Thank you for the information . I have another controller I can go ahead and add that to the system the system is old and was purchased second hand . For now I will just add another box and bypass the bad outlets and look at fixing them in the new year.  Hopefully the other box is OK .