Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer will not play items even though they have been set up

rbearwy

I created a sequence using the S5 software.  Everything was working fine and the other night the audio device failed.  I got it to reset and after that I can not operate one of my Pixie two controllers.  It allows me to edit and update it using the software.  I I can do an auto sequence in superstar and it puts it in the sequence but it will not show up when  I hit play in the preview window.  All my other devices show just fine.  This one is set to LOR unit 26 as a Pixie 2 and I have the sequence on port one and two to run a set of arches but noting.  I have even tried to run it by itself to get nothing.  It is on a 500hz network in enhanced mode so I know that is not the problem.  I also have four other arches that are running off a pixie 8 controller and they show just fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

2 hours ago, rbearwy said:

I created a sequence using the S5 software.  Everything was working fine and the other night the audio device failed.  I got it to reset and after that I can not operate one of my Pixie two controllers.  It allows me to edit and update it using the software.  I I can do an auto sequence in superstar and it puts it in the sequence but it will not show up when  I hit play in the preview window.  All my other devices show just fine.  This one is set to LOR unit 26 as a Pixie 2 and I have the sequence on port one and two to run a set of arches but noting.  I have even tried to run it by itself to get nothing.  It is on a 500hz network in enhanced mode so I know that is not the problem.  I also have four other arches that are running off a pixie 8 controller and they show just fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

What is your unit ID for the pixie 2?

Did you open the box to set the unit ID? If not that is your problem. 

What I recommend while setting up any pixie controller is turning off the dip switches to all off. Depending on the factory set ID it could be just one jumper or multiple.

Turn it off so that you can use the HU to set the unit ID.

Remember the pixie 2 will use 2 unit ID's

Now- just in case this pixie was purchased with the Singing Quartet it is pre set to play the pixels as if they are dumb nodes. I will leave it as that but wanted to let you know that if you were using this from the quartet there is other things you have to do.

Feel free to ask me here or PM but I am at the mercy of Spectrum Business with my internet and its reliability for over a month now so i am not on as regular as before.

ADDED ON

I missed the part where you said you have it connected to a pixie8

Did the pixie2 work with the pixie8 before the audio problem? I would see no reason where the audio problem would have anything to do with the pixie2.

However if it was not connected to the pixie8 and working before your problem, open the pixie8. There is a jumper directly in front of the comm port or jack. If the jumper is not there you will not receive data to a device down range. At the moment I am out so I do not know the JP# but it is directly in front of the port. 

Does the HU see the pixie 2 while connected to the pixie8?

What is the status light indicating while connected. If blinking this will more than likely be the culprit. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just now, PhilMassey said:

Perhaps you need fiber.

I need a lot more than fiber to repair the Spectrum problem but they know I am trapped in their game since I need the Static IP address that no one else can provide for me. If I could I would have been gone from Spectrum about a month ago after the car hit their hub or transfer box. they've called it different names. I have a few good names Id like to call it.

JR

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

What is your unit ID for the pixie 2?

Did you open the box to set the unit ID? If not that is your problem. 

What I recommend while setting up any pixie controller is turning off the dip switches to all off. Depending on the factory set ID it could be just one jumper or multiple.

Turn it off so that you can use the HU to set the unit ID.

Remember the pixie 2 will use 2 unit ID's

Now- just in case this pixie was purchased with the Singing Quartet it is pre set to play the pixels as if they are dumb nodes. I will leave it as that but wanted to let you know that if you were using this from the quartet there is other things you have to do.

Feel free to ask me here or PM but I am at the mercy of Spectrum Business with my internet and its reliability for over a month now so i am not on as regular as before.

ADDED ON

I missed the part where you said you have it connected to a pixie8

Did the pixie2 work with the pixie8 before the audio problem? I would see no reason where the audio problem would have anything to do with the pixie2.

However if it was not connected to the pixie8 and working before your problem, open the pixie8. There is a jumper directly in front of the comm port or jack. If the jumper is not there you will not receive data to a device down range. At the moment I am out so I do not know the JP# but it is directly in front of the port. 

Does the HU see the pixie 2 while connected to the pixie8?

What is the status light indicating while connected. If blinking this will more than likely be the culprit. 

JR

I got the sequencer to finally show the item.  I used a spare pixie 2 and set it to the setting and it worked fine here in the house.  Now though all my CCB lights that worked before do not work.  This is just insane that I fix one and then another one crops up.  they show fine on the sequencer but when I turn the lights on to the display they show nothing outside yet they do on the sequence preview window.