Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 5.5.8 Pro Sequencer now crashes after upgrade

Dwain Andras

S5 5.5.8 Pro Sequencer now crashes after upgrade.  The sequencer just shuts down randomly while doing edits and additions to the sequence about every few minutes.  Quite frustrating.  I will have to reinstall the prior version as it seemed to be pretty rock solid.

• Thanks 1

What specifically have you been doing when it crashes? That will help the developers pinpoint a potential cause for the issue.

This sounds like what I am seeing.

1.  Create a new motion effect.
  2. Exit the the motion generator screen, and the model preview pops up. At this point everything is fine. 
  3. Enter the motion generator to modify the effect. 
  4. Exit the the motion generator screen, and the model preview pops up. After a few seconds the preview screen freezes and the application just stops.

Old sequences run fine, and I can modify effects that are already in the sequence. However, if a add a new motion effect, then go back to modify the new effect, it freezes and shuts down.  

I reinstalled 5.4.2 and everything appears back to normal. 

For me, the error is only in 5.5.8, and it is when I exit the motion generator. It did not matter that I made changes. When I exit the generator, the preview screen comes up, freezes and then exits the app. 5.5.6 seems to be working for me but not 5.5.8. I have included what I captured from the Windows application log if that help in debugging this. 

LOR_5_5_8_Error.txt

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Powers_Ronald said:

This sounds like what I am seeing.

1.  Create a new motion effect.
  2. Exit the the motion generator screen, and the model preview pops up. At this point everything is fine. 
  3. Enter the motion generator to modify the effect. 
  4. Exit the the motion generator screen, and the model preview pops up. After a few seconds the preview screen freezes and the application just stops.

Old sequences run fine, and I can modify effects that are already in the sequence. However, if a add a new motion effect, then go back to modify the new effect, it freezes and shuts down.  

I reinstalled 5.4.2 and everything appears back to normal. 

Thanks for the specific steps. I can duplicate this.

Matt

I see the same problem. Probably will wait to update my sequences until a fix. This is somewhat annoying. Thanks for checking into it Matt.

Same issue as stated above.  When copy and pasting in motion generator the crash happens.  Also when just working with changing the effects in motion generator will cause the crash.

1 hour ago, Dwain Andras said:

Same issue as stated above.  When copy and pasting in motion generator the crash happens.  Also when just working with changing the effects in motion generator will cause the crash.

When you say copy and pasting, could you provide some more detail? Are you copy/pasting in the sequence grid (or the new copy/paste buttons on the Motion Effect Generator Window? Are you copy/pasting motion effects, channel effects, color fades, or ?? How many rows are you copying at a time? Are you using the regular paste or paste special?

These details are important to ensure we get this fixed the first time.

Thanks!

Matt

Crashed. Matt I attached logs if this helps.

Crashed after I added a motion effect.

Yellow warning triangle appeared next to preview name and few seconds later it crashed.. Second time this happened.

SequencerCrash.txt

Another Crash... I was screen recording for about 20 mins before it crashed. Attached is the screen recording when it crashed. My screen recording only captures the main window so i will explain what you cant see in the video, After I copied the motion effect onto a new motion effect row for the same prop with overlay I clicked to edit the copied motion effect, changed to red and green from red and blue, changed parameters from left to right to right to left then I clicked Ok and as the preview was loading you can see the yellow triangle and watch it crash.

Hoping this helps

Also attaching logs for this event

Video to large to upload so here is link to video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i8sT16jvQi6AgtePWZa9FAh0R47V_fhO/view?usp=sharing

SeqCrash2.txt

So, in my case, in the sequence grid, I copied (Ctrl c) a single cell containing a motion effect, I went to a different row and pasted (Ctrl v) that single cell resulting in a crash. Twice. 5.5.6 continues to be OK. with the exact same process.