Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgraded to 4.4.4 Pro and Halloween Show Will Not Run

CardsFan

Over the summer I upgraded to version 4.4.4 Pro.  I added a pixel tree for my Christmas show, but made no changes to last years Halloween show - all LEDs and no pixels for Halloween.   I planned on starting the Halloween show tomorrow night.  I finished setting up everything today.  I ran HU and all controllers were found and all lights work.  Now that it is dark I wanted to run the show once just to be sure everything would be good for tomorrow.  I tried to run the Show on Demand.  The music plays, but none of the lights are working.  I restarted the computer, because sometimes that works for other issues, but it did not help. 

I scanned existing posts and did not find one that was similar to my situation.  Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

I appreciate your willingness to help.

After I created my post I went and read from other topics and found one talking about network speed.  I remembered when I was setting up my pixel tree that I changed my network speed.  I am guessing my network speed last year was 57.6K and the Enhanced box was not checked.  During the install of my pixel tree I changed to  500K with the Enhanced box checked and that is where I started tonight.  After reading that other post, I went back to 57.6K with Enhanced not checked.

Currently connected I have 2 units that are CTB16D v4.32 and 1 unit that is 32LD-G3 ver 1.05.  As it turns out, these are my oldest and newest units.  

My new question is, can I run a pixel tree with network speed of 57.6K and the Enhanced box not checked?

3 minutes ago, CardsFan said:

After I created my post I went and read from other topics and found one talking about network speed.  I remembered when I was setting up my pixel tree that I changed my network speed.  I am guessing my network speed last year was 57.6K and the Enhanced box was not checked.  During the install of my pixel tree I changed to  500K with the Enhanced box checked and that is where I started tonight.  After reading that other post, I went back to 57.6K with Enhanced not checked.

Currently connected I have 2 units that are CTB16D v4.32 and 1 unit that is 32LD-G3 ver 1.05.  As it turns out, these are my oldest and newest units.  

My new question is, can I run a pixel tree with network speed of 57.6K and the Enhanced box not checked?

No, if it is a pixie controller it must run 500k enhanced. With red adapter.

JR

20 hours ago, CardsFan said:

I run my older CTB16PC Controllers {Firmware ver. 4.32} at 115K, Regular, Non-Enhanced with no issues, I have also run my 2 RGB LOR Singing Christmas Trees on that same network when testing when I thought my RED H.S. Adapter had died {it didn't, the cable that connects it went bad} and this off an older black USB485B adapter.  Only issue this causes with the RGB Controllers {and these are both Pixie2 controllers} is usually some serious lag times, so if running a show from a computer you definitely need the Red H.S. adapter.

I won't be using any adapters or computer to run my show, I purchased a G4 MP3 Director with 4 Networks, so that's what will be controlling my 2 older CTB16PC AC Controllers, 5 older CCB100-D 5V RGB Controllers and the 2 new LOR Singing RGB Christmas Trees on 3 of the 4 Networks.

Also, you may want to consider upgrading to 4.4.6 as there was some kind of issue or bug in 4.4.4, I'm not sure what it was, but it affected something, I keep thinking it may have been an issue when creating shows in the Hub, but, again, I'm not exactly sure what the issue was.  That's why I upgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.6, which is the last S4 release version that corrected some issues.