Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up a second network in light o rama

rbearwy

I am updating my display and have CCBs Pixie controllers and regular 16 output LOR controllers.   Last year i ran linkers to get across the street and it worked fine with the one network but when I changed the network to enhanced and 500k they dont work at all.  The Pixie controllers do not work and the LOR controller status light pulses all the time.  If I hard wire that part it runs fine but I still need to get across the street with another network with the linkers.  I tried setting it up but got no place.  I have a usb 485b running the enhanced network and that works ok.  When I tried to hook in the usb485 to the Aux a network it does not see the USB485 and says there is nothing on any other come ports.  What am I doing wrong.

Running S5 software. 

Linker RF-5

LOR G3 Ver 5 

Pixie 2, 8 and 16

CCB100D

Note that the RF-5 Linker does not work on a high speed network.  From the LightORama sales page:  "WARNING --- USING PIXELS The ELLs do not support the high speeds and ELOR protocol required for pixels. They work great with our 16 channel AC controllers and RGB flood lights. Also work well with our singing trees!"

You will need to make sure your pixies are on a wired high speed network.  I personally place all my AC 16 channel controls on the "regular" LOR network and all my CMB24D, 50W Spots, and pixies on a second high speed AUX A network at 500K.

I saw that and tried to set up an Aux network for the regular LOR controllers and linker but got no place.  The software does not recognize more than the one come port.  Is there something else I need other than the USB 485 and connected to computer?  How do I set up the two networks on the one PC? I know the linker does not work with the High speed network and have them out of it right now.

I did that and it does not recognize the second adapter.  Do I need to have both of them as usb485B or should it see the usb485 on the second usb port?  

48 minutes ago, rbearwy said:

I did that and it does not recognize the second adapter.  Do I need to have both of them as usb485B or should it see the usb485 on the second usb port?  

You probably hit the panic button in HU at some point “auto configure”

You need to go to your device manager USB ports and see what they are showing for your ports

If they are not correct you can right click on them and go advance/ properties and change the port #

Caution this can get confusing.

Ive had to help 4 people in a couple of weeks that did that or similar.

JR

JR

I have com 3 as the usb485b connector and Com 6 as the other one. I can run the 485 b and that is the enhanced network and it runs great.  All the pixels are working.  But I do not understand how to get Com 6 to operate.  I tell the network utility that the aux a is Com 6.  It will take it but it is not functioning from what I can tell.  I can get the green status light on a controller connected to Aux A but it does not see the linker only the controller.  

JR thank you for your help.  After you told me where to look I went found it created my aux network and it appears to be working at this moment.  Will find out how good in the am.  Thank you for your help

Ron

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, dibblejr said:

You probably hit the panic button in HU at some point “auto configure”

You need to go to your device manager USB ports and see what they are showing for your ports

If they are not correct you can right click on them and go advance/ properties and change the port #

Caution this can get confusing.

Ive had to help 4 people in a couple of weeks that did that or similar.

JR

bugger i think this might be my problem 

• The topic was locked