Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence PC to Show PC

~DOC~

I just update my desk top to S5 and trying to transfer the show to it. My problem comes with assignment of my controllers on the show PC. Will I need to start set up again in HU. None of the comm ports match up between the lap top and the desktop. I liked to be able to interchange at will between the show PC and sequence building laptop. Is that possible?

4 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

I just update my desk top to S5 and trying to transfer the show to it. My problem comes with assignment of my controllers on the show PC. Will I need to start set up again in HU. None of the comm ports match up between the lap top and the desktop. I liked to be able to interchange at will between the show PC and sequence building laptop. Is that possible?

I would think importing your lorchan file (gridview) and preview should solve that. I will be doing the same thing as soon as my show is running.

I cant update my S4 laptop so my show/ sequencing S5 laptop will run the show and desktop will be used to sequence in S5

JR

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I would think importing your lorchan file (gridview) and preview should solve that. I will be doing the same thing as soon as my show is running.

I cant update my S4 laptop so my show/ sequencing S5 laptop will run the show and desktop will be used to sequence in S5

JR

I think I worded this incorrectly and or just confusing myself. JR the other week we assigned all my controllers over to my laptop. At the time my desktop was busted. 

Now that I have my desk top back and upgraded it to S5 I want transfer show responsibility over to the desk top allowing me to utilize my laptop for continuing to make sequences without interrupting my lights. 

On the laptop we setup as follows

port 3

AC controller 1 unit ID 1, AC Controller 2 unit ID 2, and then the Pixie 2 as unit ID 3 &4. All on regular

POrt 4

pixie16 (1) unit ID 10, aux A

Port 5

pixie16(2) unit ID 20 Aux B

Port 6

pixie16(3) unit ID 30 Aux C

When I tried to setup desktop up I get 

port 1, 4,5,6 and no controllers show. No lights work either. All sequences / preview were transferred ok but can’t communicate with the controllers.

I like to easily switch back and forth between laptop and desktop but not sure how to do. 

6 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

I think I worded this incorrectly and or just confusing myself. JR the other week we assigned all my controllers over to my laptop. At the time my desktop was busted. 

Now that I have my desk top back and upgraded it to S5 I want transfer show responsibility over to the desk top allowing me to utilize my laptop for continuing to make sequences without interrupting my lights. 

On the laptop we setup as follows

port 3

AC controller 1 unit ID 1, AC Controller 2 unit ID 2, and then the Pixie 2 as unit ID 3 &4. All on regular

POrt 4

pixie16 (1) unit ID 10, aux A

Port 5

pixie16(2) unit ID 20 Aux B

Port 6

pixie16(3) unit ID 30 Aux C

When I tried to setup desktop up I get 

port 1, 4,5,6 and no controllers show. No lights work either. All sequences / preview were transferred ok but can’t communicate with the controllers.

I like to easily switch back and forth between laptop and desktop but not sure how to do. 

You need to change the comm ports on your computer to match what HU is looking for, for those adapters just like we did last week.

The ports will have to match exactly and the adapters need to be assigned to the same ports.

I talked to so many people since then I couldn't remember I assisted you with all of that. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

So figured it all out. The comm ports all renamed them self’s and Com 3 was listed in another area of my device manager under networks. After renaming each and deleting com 3 and reinstalling it. All works. Ugh what a pain

14 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

So figured it all out. The comm ports all renamed them self’s and Com 3 was listed in another area of my device manager under networks. After renaming each and deleting com 3 and reinstalling it. All works. Ugh what a pain

You can mostly thank Windows for all that.