Light-O-Rama Forums

Brand New and Need Halloween Sequence Help!

RocketCityDad

Our Halloween  decorations are up and people are driving by, but our Gemmy Show and Light Box  finally died after years of use.   Someone loaned us  a 16 channel box and we have looked at the software.  It looks like it will take more time to program than we have.  Our old setup was fairly simple with six “channels” and used black light, LED flood lights, and incandescent  mini string lights.  We used songs like Ghostbusters, Time Warp, Purple people eaters, Bad Moon rising,  and monster mash.  I tried to look for somewhere to  get  sequences but they were for something much more elaborate than we needed.   This year, we just want to get the lights and music up again and worry about RGB, Pixels,  and 16/32/48 channels next year. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Welcome to our madness! I don't wish to burst your bubble, but its way late to start learning the software for "this" year. There's a steep learning curve. In your case, first you need the software which you can download for free from the main LOR site. Next, you'll need a license for it. You'll need a USB adapter for your computer or you can go with a system already created for you although I know nothing about those. Many others in here will advise you. First and foremost, that AC controller that you have, has what APPEARS to be Cat5 cable connections. Partially true but NOT!!!! It is an RS485 connection that uses Cat5 cables. YOU MUST NOT TRY TO CONNECT TO YOUR COMPUTER'S TCPIP/ETHERNET PORT WITH THAT CABLE. You will fry your computer and/or the controller. You come out of the computer via a USB connection to a USB/485 adapter, which then outputs to the RS485 cable to the controller.

I think there are systems available from LOR that will come with preprogrammed sequences and devices that will play things for you. Which exact controller do you have?

I'm not sure about the exact controller.  We do have the USB adapter and the downloaded software.  We also have all of the physical extension cords ready to hook up.  We can do a very rough sequence, but were hoping to find a sequence someone has or something for sale.    

If you provide an email address, I can send you a couple of sequences. Here in the forums, James Morris has a lot of them he's usually willing to share. For Halloween, I normally only use 1 AC controller plus a pixel controller for a matrix that does animation.  Anyway, I've got some Halloween for you. If you wish, you can PM directly too me. FYI, you will need a basic license in order for the software to control the lights

• 2 weeks later...

I decide to do Halloween.   Only have the mean grinch.  I thought I had more but can't find them.   would love to have anything you are willing to share.   papap@att.net