Light-O-Rama Forums

Save Match/Map Settings

kevinito

Greetings,

I have several sequences created and added DMX devices (after the sequences were created) and modified one sequence with the string lights and DMX devices. Upon loading other sequences, the sequencer is prompting for "A map updated preview for sequence". Easiest way to do this? Can I export the match/map settings from the DMX sequence and import by loading match settings? If so, how do I accomplish this task? Image attached for reference.

Thanks!

Kevin

screenshot.jpg

Your sequence and preview MUST match. Making a change to  a sequence can change the preview and vice versa. The dialog is asking you if you want to add the DMX channels to the new sequence, which does not have them since you created them in the other sequence. If you say continue it will add them. Read on before you do.

This is how I do it for future reference. I do have OCD but I also don't have broken sequences.

Any changes to your preview should be made on a copy with a modified name so your original is untouched.

Create the preview copy and make the changes with NO sequence open.

Open the sequence which should open normally as it still has its original preview.

Save a copy of the sequence and close it.

Open the sequence copy and assign the new preview . Let it modify the sequence with the new props or channels and make sure everything is correct in the preview and sequence.

If something is really screwed up you can go back to square one without mangling your original sequence or preview.

Only when everything is perfect do you apply the new preview to the other sequences. If you want to be really OCD you can work on copies of those too. 

If there are already conflicts in the other sequence, they will need to be fixed too.

I have 63 sequences with exactly the same preview and imported grid view,

If I make a new prop in Preview I follow the above for every sequence to keep them on the same config. Much like the Chan config in S4 used to be.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again Phil. Yep - already on this path as I have backups for my backups. Much appreciated sir.

*I also used to be into rocketry (glancing at your picture) and once launched a mid-powered G motor. The rocket pierced the clouds never to return...