Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling individual pixel bulg color

pumpkinCrazy

I am considering in purchasing a cosmic color controller with bullet pixels. I was wondering if I can control the color of individual bullet pixels.  Can I use the same string to light up the outline the body of a pumpkin in orange, green for the stem and red for eyes? 

Thanks,

PumpkinCrazy

7 hours ago, pumpkinCrazy said:

I am considering in purchasing a cosmic color controller with bullet pixels. I was wondering if I can control the color of individual bullet pixels.  Can I use the same string to light up the outline the body of a pumpkin in orange, green for the stem and red for eyes? 

Thanks,

PumpkinCrazy

That is the whole purpose of Smart vs Dumb.  Individual  vs String.

Do note that Ribbons (each section) and Rectangles can actually be made up of 3 LED chips in a short (~3") area. Bulbs and bullets do not exhibit this.

7 hours ago, pumpkinCrazy said:

Thanks,

PumpkinCrazy

Smart pixels is the way to go for your pumpkins. I to have a pumpkin/ singing face craze.

I have said it before. You can always make a smart pixel behave as a dumb pixel but you cannot make a dumb pixel behave as smart.

The CCR controllers will control pixels or ribbons if they are "smart".

JR

• The topic was locked