Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie8 with E1.131

gc75067

Probably mentioned this somewhere but I have been searching and havent seen it yet. Plan on running my Pixie8 with E1.31. Do I need the LOR RS485 connector for this or should I just be able to run it across Ethernet? Anything I need to change in the hardware to let it know to expect E1.31 rather than LOR before plugging it in and releasing its smoke?

39 minutes ago, gc75067 said:

Probably mentioned this somewhere but I have been searching and havent seen it yet. Plan on running my Pixie8 with E1.31. Do I need the LOR RS485 connector for this or should I just be able to run it across Ethernet? Anything I need to change in the hardware to let it know to expect E1.31 rather than LOR before plugging it in and releasing its smoke?

You would need a new plan, as my friend above mentioned. And yes I have answered your question before.

Pixie series controllers as of "right now" will only run on the ELOR network.

There is a device that I will be testing someday called the pixielink and it will allow pixie controllers to be used E1.31. But as of today that plan will not work.

JR

18 minutes ago, gc75067 said:

Thanks. So just run them on the same network as my CTB16pc controllers?

Maybe! If you have a Gen 3, you might get away with 1 Pixie on the same net (Pixies want to be at 500K or 1M ) You really should add a RED (HS) adapter for those.

1 hour ago, gc75067 said:

Thanks. So just run them on the same network as my CTB16pc controllers?

Yes, but how many "them" are you running. I would not run more than 1 pixie 16 with ac controllers. You can run almost as many AC controllers as you want but they must be Gen3 and either by itself or on another network with AC controllers you must use a red adapter.

JR

Ok. So, just run the pixie from my red adapter separated from the rest of my LOR (gen2 and 3) running on the black adapter?

1 hour ago, gc75067 said:

Ok. So, just run the pixie from my red adapter separated from the rest of my LOR (gen2 and 3) running on the black adapter?

You can run the Gen3 and pixie together, ensure the NW speed is set at 500K and Enhanced is checked. and use the RED adapter for those . Just not the others. If you need more info I have a tutorial on the pixie controllers at the top of the General HArdware section of the forum.

Which means you will need to add a second network which is easy.

JR

• The topic was locked